ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

From file vault to gallery

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/04/18 09:28 PM Views: 603 Replies: 4
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 9:28 PM

I want to put pictures that are stored in my File Vault into a Gallery. When I try it shows me the pics but I don’t have a choice to use them. Help! I deleted a page that someone wants back, so I just want to put the pics in a Gallery slideshow.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 11:46 AM - Response #1

Unfortunately there is not a way to transfer them and you will need to upload them a second time as gallery images. Ironically, if you had added them to the gallery first, there is a way to source those images for other pages of the site.

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 3:56 PM - Response #3

Hi Scott, I just found this topic. I was looking for a way to take photos that a classmate had uploaded and move them to a gallery.

Am I understanding correctly that the photos are stored within Classcreator, but are in an area that neither they nor an Admin can access and the only option is to upload them again, directly to a Gallery?

And, once in a Gallery, then the gallery can be used as a resource for those photos. Am I understanding this correctly?

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 4:47 PM - Response #4

If a classmate uploaded images to their profile, one can access them by using the URL from their profile. IOW, they can be accessed.

The main problem is one of quality. Those photos have probably been downsized to max of 626 wide (if they were over) and massaged by CC software. Then if uploaded to the gallery, it suffers even more from not only a smaller image but another compression sequence.

It's best to get the originals.

In terms of image quality, it's actually best to bypaas the CC code and load directly to your File vault (not the Image vault).

You can also directly use the profile URL or the File Vault) and use JVgallery to create your own gallery directly from those images.

I'm working on another version that displays images on a rotating Cube - something that CC had before but was flash based. It will have options similar to the link I gave. Existing galleries can also be Cube displayed.

Edited 10/20/21 4:49 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.