ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcement Width

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/05/13 10:06 AM Views: 1180 Replies: 11
Friday, April 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Suddenly, this AM, our Announcements got sent to the bottom of the page. I reduced all the images in the Announcements to 300px wide but I still have the issue. What gives?

john

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM - Response #1

I am not seeing what you are seeing. Did you already figure this out?

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM - Response #2

I don't see the blow out either. Your page looks fine.

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 11:55 AM - Response #3

What I see is a blank white space in the middle along side of the right column modules with all announcements below the CC banner. I use Windows 7 and IE8.

Jim

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM - Response #4

John,

If you are not seeing it correctly, please attach screencap as well as provide your Browser / version number as well.

Thanks
Scott

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM - Response #5
Capture.JPG

Looks normal to me also. See att screen capture.

Is your View zoomed in your Int Explorer?

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM - Response #6

Tommy,

Your screen capture is of my site. What I was referring to above is what I see on John's site. I should have been more specific.

Jim

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM - Response #7
Capture.JPG

Same result on Johns site

Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM - Response #8

I see our homepage (school name, year, and mascot gif) in the center with proper left/right column content. The center (below the homepage) is whitespace and the Announcements are pushed to the botom, below the last side column content.

I see this on 2 PC's in my house - both running IE 8.0.7601.

Note that I cannot attach a file (rtf) with screen captures. When I browse/select the file, I get no response to the 'Save' or 'Preview' buttons.

Monday, April 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM - Response #9

Please be sure that you are running your browser in Standards mode and not Quirks mode, by pressing the f12 key and checking the settings. If you need to, you can attach your image to an email and send it to customersupport@classcreator.com for us to see.

I cannot replicated your issue on my end. I will see if any others in the office can see an issue with your site.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM - Response #10
homepage.jpg

I am having the same issue tonight. Announcements have gone to the bottom with white space between the sidebars.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM - Response #11

Kathy,

This usually happens when you have a line with no spaces. Notice you have a link on your announcements. Links can't have spaces in them, but the display text for the link can have spaces. Edit the link and change the disply text to " Click here" or some other text with spaces in it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.