ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Forums

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/26/17 05:06 PM Views: 5813 Replies: 29
Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 5:06 PM

How do I activate a Message Forum page on our class creator site? The only option I am seeing is for Admin Forum. I would like to set up a "bulletin board" accessible by all registered classmates. Can that be done. Does it need to be manually added by classcreator?

Thanks in Advance,

Harry Burnette

Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8:16 AM - Response #1

The options for Message Forum and User Forum are at the very bottom of your Edit Site Pages screen and are currently deactivated.

Friday, October 27, 2017 at 4:11 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle. I see both options now, but when I try to View Page on the User Forum, I get a blank white screen. I have tried with both Safari and Chrome. Any thoughts? I was able to use the messaging forum, but I wanted to try out both.

Thanks,

Harry

Friday, October 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM - Response #3

Please give step-by-step instructions. What I tried worked fine for me (Firefox on a PC). Here is what I tried...
Edit SIte Pages
Mouse over "User Forums", click Preview
A list of forums comes up, I click the link saying "Conversation Starter" and I see your post, "What are some of your fondest memories from our high school years, both in and out of school?"

Friday, October 27, 2017 at 4:21 PM - Response #4

It was the edit pages button (vs preview) that was giving me the white screen. I also see that it is reporting 2 topics, but I only started 1.

Edited 10/27/17 4:24 PM
Monday, October 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM - Response #5

I can recreate what you are reporting. I will talk to the programmer.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 1:25 PM - Response #6

We have a Message Forum that was used for comments from our 50th reunion. I would like to do the same for our 57th reunion. Is there a way to start a new message forum or copy this page to another forum or do I have to use the same page and delete all of the old comments?

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 4:04 PM - Response #7

I can ask if the programmer can clear your existing forum located here: http://www.ephs61.com/class_forum.cfm - please confirm... once this data has been deleted, there will be no recovering it... it will be gone.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 4:58 PM - Response #8

I guess this means that I cannot start a new message forum but have to use the same page and revise it. I can delete each message, rename the forum and start with a new one. No need to have the programmer do that for me. I copied the messages to a Word file and can save them that way.
Thanks,
Jim

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 8:49 PM - Response #9

So again, the message I was trying to communicate, is that I can have the programmer clear all of the posts from that message for him for you by removing them from the database. That will leave you with a brand new message for him that is empty and ready to start anew. Would you like me to proceed?

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 8:56 PM - Response #10

No, I'm good. No need to delete anything. What will be on there now will be any new comments I deleted them already and have started a new forum. I also edited the message for the current forum.

I don't know if my deleting them deletes them from the database or not but they don't show up on the forum anymore.
Thanks,
Jim

Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 12:01 PM - Response #11

Is it possible to have two forums active at the same time? I would like to have one dedicated to the vets in our multiyear (the 60s decade) site, where (on the honor system) they could share things among themselves).

I think the answer is no..., but wanted to ask.

Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 12:09 PM - Response #12

There can only be one Message Forum but you can create as many User Forums as you want in your http://www.whs60s.org/class_forums.cfm Page.

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:00 PM - Response #13

Are the admin forum for all classmages, or just administrators? Can I have a link on a seperate page, or does it need to go in the left panel?

Am trying to have a forum just for classmates that are veterans. Maybe not password protected (that would be nice) but maybe in a location only advertised to them.

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:19 PM - Response #14

Just admins. You could add a specific topic that is password protected that you only distribute the password to the veterans. But that would be in your class forums.

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:33 PM - Response #15

where do I learn about class forums? Don't think I have heard about them.

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:36 PM - Response #16

On your site, you call it Wolf Chatter+ 'other' obits.

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:38 PM - Response #17

Woooo, right in front of the proverbial nose. Thanks.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 4:17 PM - Response #18

Kyle,
When I go to the bottom of my Edit Site Pages page, I do not see either Message Forum or User Forum.
Doing something wrong?
Thanks, and appreciate any guidance you can provide.

David Bratton-Kearns

Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 4:39 PM - Response #19

Please look again. They should be there now.

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 8:15 PM - Response #20

Can you explain the difference between a message forum and a user forum. (I understand the admin forum.)

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 12:43 AM - Response #21

Message forums are a single thread

User Forums are like the Admin Forums where you can have many topic/thread based discussions with sub-threads/topics

For instance you could have a main Thread called

Reunion Ideas
A sub topic called Venues and there can be discussions at this level as well as additional sub topics like Music for the Event with discussion at that level.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:21 AM - Response #22

I am unable to locate User and Message Forum under the Edit Site Page. Please advise. Thanks

Friday, September 30, 2022 at 2:16 PM - Response #23

I believe Class Creator administrative staff can add these pages for you upon request.

Edited 09/30/22 2:17 PM
Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5:13 PM - Response #24

Thanks. Perhaps I can't see these features because we only have the premium subscription and not the platinum subscription. Not sure.

Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5:13 PM - Response #25

Thanks. Perhaps I can't see these features because we only have the premium subscription and not the platinum subscription. Not sure.

Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5:13 PM - Response #26

Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5:13 PM - Response #27

Friday, September 30, 2022 at 6:16 PM - Response #28

Hi Carol,

We went ahead and added them for you. You will find them under Edit Site Pages - they are not active - you will need to go to Edit Link for each when you are ready to take them live and choose the "active" check box.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 4:57 PM - Response #29

Thank you so much!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.