ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Zooming

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/06/21 08:40 PM Views: 407 Replies: 3
Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 8:40 PM

Hey All, With things so squirrely this year, one classmate suggested a virtual or zoom class reunion. This is our 50th, so we all hate to ignore it completely.

Have you designed anything into this website that we may be able to do that here?

Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 10:08 PM - Response #1

I have never done this, but this appears to be the simplest

Copied from another site

The simplest way to embed a Zoom Meeting / Webinar on your website is to livestream it to Youtube, and then embed the optimized youtube livestream in an iFrame. This is what my church does.

Then there is no development work needed to implement the Web SDK.

Streaming a Meeting

Link for how to embed on your page

Friday, January 8, 2021 at 12:30 PM - Response #2

That should work, I hope...but can I upload either a zoom video or youtube video to our uploaded files...and then link that uploaded file to the webpage; I have a LOT of space available on our site for uploads, and would like to do that...if it works

Friday, January 8, 2021 at 9:08 PM - Response #3

If you have it on Youtube, that is known to work just about everywhere and easy to code. But if you really want it on your site:

If you have the video in MP4 format (and others) you can upload the video to your file vault and then put code below on your page (source mode). This is a sample file and works on current browsers.

Youtube is not a file as such - meant for Youtube only. You can get programs that download the video from Youtube. Windows 10 can also capture the video playing - press WindowsKey+G (see Windows for details). Video quality degrades slightly though when you do thi.

This is the actual file here.

Edited 01/08/21 9:09 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.