ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can't Edit Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/24/09 07:38 PM Views: 2714 Replies: 14
Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 7:38 PM

When I go to edit a page, all I get is a window at the top that has the name of the page and a window at the bottom that says save changes, NOTHING in between.

Have cleared cache.

Have switched to Firefox and I cannot even log in using Firefox.

If I go to "email the class" - I get a window that says "subject" and then a line that says "type your message here:" ... but no way to type underneath it.

I am so frustrated!!!

Edited 10/24/09 7:46 PM
Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM - Response #1

Dianne Ledet wrote:

When I go to edit a page, all I get is a window at the top that has the name of the page and a window at the bottom that says save changes, NOTHING in between.

Have cleared cache.

Have switched to Firefox and I cannot even log in using Firefox.

If I go to "email the class" - I get a window that says "subject" and then a line that says "type your message here:" ... but no way to type underneath it.

I am so frustrated!!!

Sorry It took so long. Here is what you need to do.

I can reproduce your problem. You need to turn on JavaScript because the editor needs JavaScript to run. WHen I turned off JavaScript, I get the big blank space like you are talking about.

Let me know if this fixes it.

In FireFox, you can do it by Tools/Options.../Content/Enable Javascript...

In Internet Explorer - I am not sure where

Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 8:00 PM - Response #2

Javascript WAS turned on in Firefox. I cannot even log in when using Firefox.

Javascript is turned on in IE too.

I had no problems whatsoever 24 hours ago on THIS computer!!

I'm about to give up.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM - Response #3

I GIVE UP, TOO. HELP BRAD!!!!!!RazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazz

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 12:14 AM - Response #4

Patience in the house! Smile

Let's take one issue at a time. What is the message you receive when you try to log in?

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 7:53 AM - Response #5

in IE I can log in just fine, I just can't edit my pages.

In Firefox, I put in my user name and PW - the screen flashes and then returns to user name and PW.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM - Response #6

Let me try to explain it another way ... when I go to EDIT PAGES and choose a page to edit, I see everything EXCEPT the box where you enter the HTML code or whatever.

I edited my home page Friday night on the same computer. Have not downloaded anything new or changed any settings.

Sorry to be such a pain, but I am very frustrated! Classcreator has worked beautifully and perfectly up til now.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 10:14 AM - Response #7

Have you tried restarting the computer? Sometimes the computer gets something in memory and when it is restarted, the problem goes away. Have you checked for viruses or malware recently?

Do you have another computer you could try. This would narrow the problem down to being a problem on the first computer only. Maybe a work computer or a neighbor/family member's computer?

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM - Response #8

Quote:

Have you tried restarting the computer? Sometimes the computer gets something in memory and when it is restarted, the problem goes away. Have you checked for viruses or malware recently?

I have: restored my computer to last Thursday (was working perfectly then) ... deleted all cookies and browsing history ...updated and ran virus protection scan ... updated and ran SpyBot ... updated and ran Malware Bytes ... restarted the computer 4-5 times. Still nothing.

Hopeless in Houston.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM - Response #9

Can you reproduce this issue on even 1 other computer? Unfortuntely I'm confident despite all of your efforts that you're still having a local computer problem. Maybe try a system restore a little further back than the one you just tried? If all else fails it may be time for Geek Squad or somebody like that.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM - Response #10

PitStop found no problems.

Why would I be having a problem ONLY on ClassCreator? Everything else is fine.

It worked fine Friday night - turned it off - turned it back on Saturday morning and I could not edit my pages or email the class.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM - Response #11

Is this function driven by an Active X control? If so, which one? Maybe I could delete it and re-add.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM - Response #12

Dianne Ledet wrote:

Is this function driven by an Active X control? If so, which one? Maybe I could delete it and re-add.

Dianne,

Try this website to see if you have the same problem. It is a DEMO screen for the editor that Class Creator uses.

http://ckeditor.com/demo

If you have a problem with that page, it will tell us that something on your system is causing problems for you with the editor.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM - Response #13

YAHOO!!! I fixed it!!

It was that creepy "compatability" view in IE.

Thanks for all your help. Hope this helps somebody else in the future!

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM - Response #14

The "Compatibility" mode explains the problems with Internet Explorer, but not the problems you experienced with FireFox, right? I guess if you don't use FireFox, it really doesn't matter.

Congratulations on solving the problem. Glad I could help in some small way (if I did help any Wink )

Edited 10/25/09 5:42 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.