ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Invitations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/10/08 06:53 PM Views: 1294 Replies: 2
Monday, November 10, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I just created our site - JamaicaHigh59-61.com and have started sending out invitations. Is there a way that I can EDIT the invitation to tell them that they must wait until I add them to the class list and to also wait for me to send them back the ivitation telling them that thay can proceed to the site, log on, and fill out their profile.

I am getting return invitations telling me they can't log on because I haven't added their name to the profile list yet - but did send them out an invitation as other members are sending by filling out the invitation form on the HOME PAGE.

Am I doing something wrong?

Monday, November 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM - Response #1

I entered all 1960 classmates names before getting the word out that the site was up and running..

That way, as they heard about the site, they could just go to the Classmate Profiles link, find their name and join...

Also, you might want to be careful about putting your email address on the home page.. Anybody can get to the home page, even strangers.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 12:19 AM - Response #2

Not to mention you're going to get spam email by doing that..

But anyway, yes, you want to enter your Class List in advance. Trust me not doing that is kinda shooting yourself in the foot. The site spreads rapidly from Classmate to Classmate only because that list is in there, and the Missing Classmates list is automatically maintained for you, etc. In fact I'd go so far as to say that prepopulating your Class List is the single most important thing you can do to ensure the maximum # of Classmates possible will find and join your site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.