ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Transferring domain names

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/26/19 12:27 PM Views: 581 Replies: 10
Friday, April 26, 2019 at 12:27 PM

The domain for my prior website became available yesterday. I tried to secure it for this site but it still shows unavailable. I contacted them and received a code. I entered that for the transfer and got a confirmation yet I still cannot get the domain name. It is showing connected to another site. How do I get this accomplished?

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 2:58 PM - Response #1

What is the domain name?

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 3:28 PM - Response #2

Relclassof79.com

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:10 PM - Response #3

Do you or someone else in your class have the domain registered at domain.com? It shows a registered there, however, the contact information is not displayed. In order to transfer the domain the current owner would need to make sure the domain is unlocked and that their contact information is current so they can receive the transfer authorization notices.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:10 PM - Response #4

Do you or someone else in your class have the domain registered at domain.com? It shows a registered there, however, the contact information is not displayed. In order to transfer the domain the current owner would need to make sure the domain is unlocked and that their contact information is current so they can receive the transfer authorization notices.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:58 PM - Response #5

They did unlock it and gave me a key authorization. I entered that code to transfer it yesterday and received a confirmation 53074568.

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:58 PM - Response #6

They did unlock it and gave me a key authorization. I entered that code to transfer it yesterday and received a confirmation 53074568.

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 5:12 PM - Response #7

Ok. Transfers can take several days. The first part will be a notification that goes to the current owner verifying that they authorize the transfer to proceed. Once they click that verification it can still take a few days for the registrar to release the domain name. Once they release it the domain becomes available in your new account and it can take a day or so for it to fully update so it may still link to the old site during that entire process.

Jessica

Friday, April 26, 2019 at 5:40 PM - Response #8

Makes sense. Thank you Jessica.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 9:32 AM - Response #9

Yesterday at 2pm I was told that the class creator site has been linked to relclassof79.com and it would take 1-12 hours to propogate. I checked this morning and it is still linked to our old site.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11:06 AM - Response #10

Please disregard. This has been corrected and we now have the domain.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.