ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

statistics question

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/26/10 08:46 AM Views: 1495 Replies: 7
Friday, November 26, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I know that we can see who visits the site and when. Is it possible to tell what specifically they visited on the site?

Jayne Cannon
www.northforsyth74.com

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM - Response #1

Jayne,

You already have Google Analytics installed on your PREFERENCES page. If you sign in to Google Analytics, it will tell you which pages were visited. That is the best that can be done. ClassCreator doesn't keep that kind of information.

Kyle

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 9:13 AM - Response #2

THanks, Kyle. I am a dunce when it coems to stuff like this. Can I tell specifically WHO has visited MY profile?

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM - Response #3

when you sign in to Google Analytics, you will see the list of pages visited. Your profile page will have a specific number after the "member_id=" in the URL that is displayed. You would need to search for that number and that is the only way you could tell if someone visited your website.

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM - Response #4

I warned you that I am a dunce. With analytics, can I tell if a specific class member has viewed by profile page? If you want to email me privately, it's ******* ... I know this seems strange but it's kind of a touchy situation.

Edited 11/26/10 9:50 AM
Friday, November 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM - Response #5

Jayne,

I don't know much about Google Analytics. I edited your post so it didn't include your e-mail as these forums are public and you probably don't want to get more spam than you are already getting.

I would say that NO, you cannot tell which classmates have visited your profile unless you know which IP Address they are using. Google Analytics will only show you the IP Address (a set of numbers that look like #.#.#.#) which can tell you which Internet Service Provider the classmate is using, but that probably won't help you if you don't know. You would need to use the STATISTICS page of your website to find out when that classmate visited, then look at Google Analytics and see the IP ADDRESS that visited at that time and see which pages that classmate visited. No names of classmates are stored when people browse the Internet.

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM - Response #6

Jayne,

I use Google Analytics but I also use www.statcounter.com, which I think would be easier for you. You can see the pages people went to, among other things. I find it easier to locate some things in the statcounter reports than in Google Analytics.

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM - Response #7

I also use statcounter.com. But I noticed that Jayne already had Google Analytics hooked up to her PREFERENCES page, so I figured that she already knew how to use it. I also think that statcounter.com is easier and just as useful for me.

To install statcounter.com, sign up at statcounter.com and get their embed code and paste it below your Google Analytics code on your PREFERENCES page (if you are keeping both). If you are replacing Google Analytics, then delete everything and replace it with the statcounter.com embed code.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.