ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Resizing Photos on Custom Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/24/09 01:06 PM Views: 1296 Replies: 2
Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 1:06 PM

When I first upload an image to place it, the size is 0,0. The image cannot be seen. Perhaps making the size default to the actual size of the image (and thus being able to see it) would be better. (Or defaulting to the maximum size without blowing out the window?)

To resize an image already uploaded and in my document, I should be able to 1) select the image then click on the image insert icon and change the dimension OR 2) right-click on the image which brings up the dimension and position box.

However not always. Sometimes right-clicking brings up CUT, COPY, PASTE. Same with a selected image and clicking on the image insert icon also brings up the CUT, COPY, PASTE.

BTW right-clicking or clicking on the image insert icon always acts the same -- either CUT, COPY, PASTE or the resize and position.

The alternative in the case of getting the CUT, COPY, PASTE choices is to reload the image.

Edited 10/24/09 1:07 PM
Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM - Response #1

I'm not entirely sure what you mean -- images automatically resize to the maximum possible width if you upload something too large to fit. I just went to your site and tested it, images upload and are sizing fine.

Yes, right clicking brings up cut copy and paste as it should, but it also brings up "Image Properties" below those 3 options. Just click Image Properties to manipulate and adjust your image.

I you click on the image to select it and then click the yellow image button, it already does exactly what you're asking for. Or you can right click on it and select Image properties. Both already do the same thing.

If it's not doing this for you I can only imagine you have something else on your computer affecting the functionality? This visual editor is just the FCK editor, which is about as standard as you can get.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 4:01 PM - Response #2

Oh by the way, hope you don't mind, I changed the alignment on your opening table form left to no alignment at all. Make sure you previw your site in Internet Explorer, trust me you wouldn't have liked what you were seeing had you left that table set to left aligned.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.