ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

edit top of Message Board

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/08/09 04:17 PM Views: 1122 Replies: 1
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I love the new Message forums but have one request - how do I get my classmates to post? One thing I thought would help is to have a small area at the top of the page when it opens so I could put a message like this:

Welcome to the Memorial High School Class Of 1969 forums. Please click on the forum you want and read the messages. You can create a topic by pressing "New Topic" to participate in the discussion. If you have an idea for a forum please email me and I will set it up. Regards - your friendly webmaster.

Thanks...............Patrick

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM - Response #1

Patrick I tried to look at your site to see how many classmates you have on your site and it is locked up like a vault. You might want to at least let your home page be seen. I started posting on the forum and invited a few people to join in. Since our site has been up since Sept 08 we have 104 pages from the old forum and 3 pages now on the new forum and I changed it on Sunday. We post youtube videos, tell jokes, laugh and cry with each other. You might want to get them involved in a subject that everyone can share on. Our most popular one was about the memories of elementary school. When they were growing up what stores did they visit? I ended up taking all their favorite places and finding old pictures. Then I posted a picture after it of what it looks like today. They got a kick out it. Just keep the subject light and if no one is posting start a conversation about something else. As they see everyone having fun people start jumping on and posting their thoughts. It's like a field of dreams .. Build it and they will come. No headings are needed

Edited 04/08/09 6:20 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.