ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding a box in right column

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/07/12 11:44 AM Views: 1341 Replies: 9
Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Can I add a box, wherein I can add the names of our donors and amounts, with the ability to edit it as donations occur to the right side column along the border? I have a lot of empty space there. If I can, can you walk me through the steps of creating it and adding it? Thanks.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM - Response #1

The only module you can add text to on the right side is the "Donations" module. You currently have "Support our site! If you would like to support this web site please click the Donate button below. Donations can be made by PayPal, or with a regular credit card if you do not have a PayPal account.". After you add a paypal account, that text will become live and visible. If you get donations, you could then add "Thanks to : John Smith, Mary Smith, etc." and edit the module text whenever you get a new donation.

The FAR RIGHT side is considered background and no text can be put there without knowing HTML programming.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM - Response #2

Carmela,

I used Kyle's suggestion for this purpose originally but the list of donors got a little too long so I've now just added a note in the Donations module that links people to the full list of donors that I've now included on another page.

You might also find that not everyone is that keen to have their name and donation amount published for all to see. I just enter names only to avoid embarrassing Classmates and, so far, everyone has been ok with that as people know they've contributed but not the amount. It's the thought that counts.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM - Response #3

Thanks for getting back to me with the information. Unfortunately, we just want to post a list of folks acknowledging their donations and the amount. At this time we elected to not activate the donations button because we did not want to give up any of the funds to service fees to either PayPal or credit cards processing. It just seems like such a waste of space, while the middle grows longer and longer.

Maybe this could be another item to add to our wish list?

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM - Response #4

Thanks Mark.

As I mentioned in my reply to Kyle, I don't want to activate the donations button because we don't want to give up any of the money for processing fees, at this time. I have added a number of personalized pages to our site and suppose I can do so there. I agree, not all donors want to be named. We have had those who don't and those that do. Thanks again.

Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM - Response #5

Carmela - If you move your "This Day in History" back over to the side, anything you add in the content area will spread across the page (once it gets past that box)and fill in the area beneath those boxes on the right.

Rhonda

Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM - Response #6

Thank you for your advise. I've made the changes and we'll see how it works.

Monday, April 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM - Response #7

Hi Kyle,
Is HTML hard to learn?...for me? Is it those directions that you did on a keyboard before there were mice? I call it 'analog', but it really isn't.
BarbaraQuestion

Monday, April 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM - Response #8

HTML is the codes you see when you click the SOURCE button in the editor. Usually all HTML codes are in pairs -- One start and one end code.

If you do a Google search for "HTML Tutorial" you can find several good ones.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM - Response #9

Thanks. I just might do that one evening.
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.