ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements alert?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/23/14 02:55 PM Views: 764 Replies: 10
Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Are classmates automatically alerted when a new announcement is posted? If not, is there a way to set up such an alert, other than manually sending an email to all?

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM - Response #1

Yes. It is part of their Notify Me options.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM - Response #2

Yes, but that announcement only goes to the ones who have asked to be notified about new announcements, not everybody in the class.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM - Response #3

Karl,
If you might want to notify your classmates via email of the tab under Member Functions, and click on Notify Me.
Lots of very useful options there to choose from.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM - Response #4

Thanks,Scott. If a classmate has never opened that Notify Me tab, was one of the three choices set by default, or were they all blank?

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 8:05 PM - Response #5

Thanks to the rest of you, too.

Friday, January 24, 2014 at 11:11 AM - Response #6

I've posted a screen capture of what your members see as they join the site. (See Below) This is during the member join wizard. These are the default Notify Me Settings. Not pictured are 2 more settings that are further down the page. Those settings are : A profile I'm subscribed to is updated --Once Daily, and : A Classmate whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday --Once Daily.

Edited 01/24/14 11:15 AM
Friday, January 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM - Response #7

Notify Me Default Settings:

Friday, January 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM - Response #8

Thanks, Scott. I assume I can't see what an individual classmate has selected if they have overridden the default. At least, I couldn't find a way to do that.

Friday, January 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM - Response #9

Actually, you can. Go to your Statistics page. Click on the link that says Notify Me statistics. Then click on the linked numbers to see a list that is generated further down the page.

Monday, January 27, 2014 at 8:03 PM - Response #10

That works.Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.