ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

wider announcement column

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/09 09:57 PM Views: 1308 Replies: 2
Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I'm sure this has been asked before but I cant seem to find the right buzz words to search it.

I'd like to spread my announcements to cover the whole page after they are below the details on the right column. Instead of all that blank space along side my announcements all the way down.

I hope this makes sense, any tips would be great !

Thanks in advance,
Emil Basl IV

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 10:46 PM - Response #1

The issue here is your entire home page is nothing but Annoncements, and since they start at the top there is no way for the board to expand out after your last right hand module. You do have several options to better balance out your page:

1) Make all of your content regular home page content instead of Announcements. This way the content will immediately stretch out to the right after your last right hand box.

2) Make only a portion of your Announcements regular home page text and set your Announcements to appear below your home page text instead of above. For instance the top 3 Announcements or something like that. Put enough regular content at the top that your Announcements begin after your last right hand module. This way the entire Announcements Board will spread out to fill the entire page.

3) Set your Announcements to appear below your regular home page content. And in your home page content edit screen press the Source button. And then type in this exact code:

This will force your Announcements to ALWAYS begin after your last right hand module box. If you use this option you'd probably also want to put in some regular home page content so you don't have a big white gap at the top of your page.
3)

Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM - Response #2

{{{Thanks Brad}}} Ya know I didn't ever see the home page content box area to design my homepage, found the announcement area and ran with it. Guess I never scrolled down far enough. Thanks for the quick response and all the tips!!

Emil Basl IV

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.