ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading pictures to customizable page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/02/08 10:02 PM Views: 1484 Replies: 5
Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 10:02 PM

I am uploading pictures of our recent 40th class reunion to a customizable page. Sometimes these pictures will upload in a matter of seconds. But many times I will wait at least 10 minutes and the picture still will not have uploaded. These are jpeg format. Is there any way to upload any quicke? Thanks.

Pam Murray
Lee HS Class of 68

Edited 08/02/08 10:17 PM
Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 10:11 PM - Response #1

People often upload gigantic digital photos to the system (super high resolution). Worst offenders are photos taken in "raw" mode. Those can take many minutes to upload even on a high speed connection. And even worse than that can be photos scanned at very high resolution with a desktop scanner. If your photos are over 1 megabyte or so, then you've got a very high resolution image on your hands. We've seen people try to upload images as much as 40 megabytes to the system. If you do this, our system is only going to resize your image down to the maximum allowable width for your page anyway.

Tip: Save your photos as JPGs before uploading. Our system will accept other file types, such as bmps for example, but those images are significantly larger in terms of file size than the jpg format. If you upload a bmp or other uncompressed image format, it can take a very long time.

The simple solution: Just resize your image before you upload it. Try resizing it down to 1,000 pixels wide, save it as a JPG, and then upload. When you do this, you'll see that your image will upload in a matter of seconds.

Edited 08/02/08 10:14 PM
Monday, August 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM - Response #2

I want to upload some pictures from our 30th reunion as well as some older parties (High School). How do I make a customized page?

Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 9:38 AM - Response #3

I have yet to upload any picture. I am trying to upload senior class pictures and have resized them in photoshop and saved them as jpegs and when I upload, it seems as if it will upload but nothing ever happens. How long does each picture actually take? 15, 20 minutes? I am using a Mac.

Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM - Response #4

Susan Moody wrote:

I want to upload some pictures from our 30th reunion as well as some older parties (High School). How do I make a customized page?

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Place a checkmark next to one of your Customizable Links to activate it
3) Click the Edit button next to the page
4) At the top of the page, name your page whatever you'd like.
5) Edit your page as you see fit, upload photos, add third party objects, etc.
6) Save your page. A link to your new page will now appear on your left navigation.

Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM - Response #5

Juanita Fletcher wrote:

I have yet to upload any picture. I am trying to upload senior class pictures and have resized them in photoshop and saved them as jpegs and when I upload, it seems as if it will upload but nothing ever happens. How long does each picture actually take? 15, 20 minutes? I am using a Mac.

Oh no no, it would would take just a few seconds, not 15 or 20 minutes. Are you possibly uploading extremely large image scans? If so try resizing your Yearbook Photos down to 200 pixels wide before uploading. Let me know if that does the trick for you.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.