ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Side-by-side gif images

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/18/10 11:59 AM Views: 1545 Replies: 5
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I would like to place three gif images side by side on a page. When I do this, in the editor window the images appear as I want them (side by side) but on the actual page, they follow one another vertically. The images are the same size, each is 150 pixels wide. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM - Response #1

Well, if I'd looked a little harder I would have found that Brad had answered this question previously. I found a thread that had the answer I need so I'm good to go.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 12:17 PM - Response #2

I assume you are talking about the 3 McPherson links on the home page. I would insert a table with 3 columns. Make the width of the table 100%. Set the border to 0. Insert each image into the 3 cells. Make sure you have the borders set to 0 for the images to remove the blue stroke if desired.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Friday, August 20, 2010 at 11:22 AM - Response #3

Thanks Scott. Actually, the images I was trying to align horizontally are in the header section on a photo gallery page. The solution, as suggested by Brad in an earlier post was to add the following html code:

As I understand it, this prevents the editor from adding line breaks between the images so that they remain on one line.

Thanks.

Friday, August 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM - Response #4

Dick, where did you find the thread on side by side images?
I need to look into this also.
Thanks,
Gary

Friday, August 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM - Response #5

I don't remember which forum thread I found but basically Brad's suggestion was to click on the FAQs link at the top of the forum page and then click on Questions About Maintaining Your Site. Scroll down to question #19. This basically suggests adding this piece of code at the top of your source code:

I did this and it worked for me; hope it helps you as well.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.