ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Animated features

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/29/08 09:44 PM Views: 2635 Replies: 14
Monday, December 29, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I have chosen a location to place uploaded animated features on my site.
I clicked the space, added the source code and added graphics etc.
I thought where you place the source code, the image is supose to go there, am I wrong?

The problem... every time I do this the thing I just added goes to the top of the page, not where I added the code.

How can I move that object around on my site?

Also, I love everyones sites.
I am very new to class creator and can't rave enough about it.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 10:45 PM - Response #1

Hi Sarah,

Here are a few things you can try to help you get those third party plugins and graphics where you want them.

#1. I put my third party plugins...especially those that seem to be ghosts...such as your "slide" show...in a one cell table. Then I can always tell where that slippery slide show is.

#2. Put not only your cursor where you want your animation to be inserted on your web page...but actually type HEREHEREHERE on the web page itself. Then when you click your "Source" icon, find the HEREHEREHERE...highlight it and paste your html in its place. It should then be indeed where you want it to be.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!Smile

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 2:18 AM - Response #2

Dead on Anita. Smile

If you have any problems and need assistance with a specific image, let me know Sarah.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 4:08 PM - Response #3

Thanks Anita,
I was racking my brain, trying to understand where things were going and then, hoe I could get rid of them.
I decided to start from scratch.
I think it looks better now!
Sarah

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 12:14 AM - Response #4

You are welcome Sarah!

Your site is looking good girlfriend! Watch out...this site is addicting! You can lose alot of sleep here...cause this is just so much fun!!Smile

Friday, January 2, 2009 at 10:19 PM - Response #5

I created the playlist.com player and would like to add it to my site like Sarah's. It appears that it is on the homepage. I tried to paste the code from playlist.com and my site became really wide and there was no player. What would be the steps to add it to my site and is the homepage where you put it?
Thanks,
Darren

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #6

I looked through some of the prior posts and figured out that I needed to change the pixel size in the code to 370 and paste the code in the source view. I don't know if that is the correct way to do it but it's workingSmile
DP

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 10:32 PM - Response #7

Hi Darren,

Sorry...I have been gone over the weekend! But you figured out exactly what you needed to do to make the playlist work for you! Great Job! Your site is also looking good!Smile

Edited 01/03/09 10:32 PM
Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 1:46 PM - Response #8

Thank you. I'm not trying to work with the corkboard background. We'll see how that goes. I can't figure out how to put it in the table.
DP

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 2:54 PM - Response #9

Hi Darren,

From your post, I am not sure what you are trying to do with the corkboard background. But the corkboard is already in a table. Make sure you get the line above and one below the corkboard. If you copy the entire corkboard and paste it from here to one of your customizable pages, you will see the table:

Corkboard

If this is not what you were looking for...let me know what you want to do and I will see if I can help.Smile

Edited 01/04/09 2:54 PM
Monday, January 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM - Response #10

Brad,
When reviewing our site I noticed the animated dynamite graphic I added on the "Missing Classmate" page isn't showing BUT when I go under the edit for that page, click source - the code is there. Why do things always change - disappear/reappear, etc. etc.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM - Response #11

Hi Tricia,

The animated item is not loading for me in the editor or on the site. Can you get the original code and add it back into the code? It might be missing one of its components to display.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 12:29 AM - Response #12

Anita I am soooo impressed with your school website!
I love all of the animations and all of the cool things you have. I am just getting started and mine looks pretty bare.
any pointers would be helpful.
thanks! Bonnie

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 1:37 AM - Response #13

Hi Bonnie,
Thanks for the compliment on my site. I would be happy to help you get anything I have on my site onto your site!

Let's start with whatever you would like to put on your web page the most. Let me know what that one item is and we'll get that one on and go on to the next.

I am afraid I wouldn't know where to start giving you some "pointers" without overwhelming you with information.

Let's try doing it one item at a time and before long you will have your site looking full of glitz and glimmer for your classmates enjoyment!

I will be looking forward to hearing from you!Smile

Edited 02/03/09 1:45 AM
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 10:38 AM - Response #14

Hi Anita, that is so sweet of you. I am off to work right now,but later in the day I will sit down and try and decide what it is we would like to add and then give you a hollarSmile
Thanks for offering to help with this.
Bonnie

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.