ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

classmate now a faculty member

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/27/13 12:13 PM Views: 751 Replies: 2
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM

This is for my ALUMNI site. Smile

I'm sure there is a thread that addressed how to handle a classmate who is now a teacher. I'm sure this will work for my need but cannot find it. If I keep searching these forums, the search patrol is coming after me and I'll be ready for a white coat!

I want to see this is handled correctly before inviting this classmate as he was one of our school principals until this year - he is now the school district superintendent. (Do you see a news story for my home page here? I do! Smile )

Someone please point me to the thread or threads. Thanks!

This ends Gwen's break from packing for a move. She will return when the boxes need a break from her! Cool

Edited 08/27/13 12:14 PM
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM - Response #1

Hi Gwen,

If they were a classmate and are now part of the staff I would recommend having two posts and using the web address field to put links from one profile to the other. This allows the classmate/staff to have one profile about their high school experience and then another one about being part of the staff.

I'm not sure if that is how everyone is doing this but when we have had calls about this same topic with multi-year sites this always works out as a good solution.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jessica. I went right over and took care of that. I included an explanation in the HINT box. Now I need to add another question in the profile generator for this particular situation. Though few classmates return as teachers/staff, it is important a visitor to the page understands the link IF it is this situation.

I will have to do that a bit later. Thanks, again!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.