ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Are there Check Payment fees?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/29/10 03:33 PM Views: 1522 Replies: 7
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Dear ClassCreator,
I am a bit confused over the fees charged when processing credit cards through the native ClassCreator interface.
I understand the 4.9% fee associated with the initial Credit Card transaction, but there is some ambiguity as to whether there is also a 4.9% fee associated with the Check disbursement transaction.
Can you please clarify whether there are any other transaction fees with check disbursement other than the 3 or more payouts/month fees?

Thanks much!

Jim

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 3:52 PM - Response #1

The only transaction fee is the one assessed when a credit card purchase is processed. There are no fees for you to receive a check or cash payment. There is also no fee if you only request to withdraw funds from the system no more than 2 times per month. For each withdraw beyond your 2nd free transaction, a $2.49 charge is assessed.

That's it. No other transaction fees.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Scott

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 4:21 PM - Response #2

Hi Scott,
Thanks for your speedy reply and thanks for clearing this issue up for me.
The reason I was bit confused was because of the following verbiage...

...Class Reunion Planner
After saving your Reunion you will have a new "Attendees" management area where you can see a list of all Classmates attending your reunion, you can review Classmate orders and see collective order tallies, and you can see a list of all checks issued to you and exactly which transactions were included in each check. You can also see the upcoming issue date for the next check. A 4.9% credit card processing and check issuing fee will be applied to all transactions.

I took this to describe separate fees being charged for credit card processing and check issuing transactions.
Best regards,
Jim

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 4:42 PM - Response #3

I see your confusion. We will rewrite that to be clearer. My answer above remains true.

Thanks!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 4:51 PM - Response #4

One more questions if I may, and this regards eChecks. If I understand it correctly, with eChecks, the fund transfers are initiated by the designated Site admin and not automatically triggered every two weeks.

- Is there still the same 2 transfers/month free, before addtional transfer charges kick in?
- Are there any other fees associated with eChecks?

Thanks again,

Jim

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 5:09 PM - Response #5

Correct - no fees for 2 or less Withdraw Requests.... 3 and + are assessed the $2.49
No other fees for the eCheck process.

The Root Admin or and assigned Co-Admins with the rights for working in the Reunion Planner, have the ability to initiate a Withdraw of funds to the ACH location.

Scott

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM - Response #6

Thanks again Scott. That's what I was hoping for. Very Happy
No gotchas, you folks are doing it right and that's very refreshing!

Best regards,
Jim

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 6:15 PM - Response #7

I updated the wording on that page to make it more clear, all set.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.