ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Where do survey's go?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/11/13 09:57 AM Views: 1358 Replies: 16
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I did a survey the other day and have no idea where it went. I assumed that the survey's would be emailed to the classmates who had joined he site, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I did check the box that says, "notify __ classmates," but no one as actually received any notification about the survey that I can discover. What exactly does "notify" mean, and what is sent out to classmates to get them to come to the site? Do I actually have to email to the classmates each time I want to draw something to their attention?

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM - Response #1

I just made a survey this morning and made it active. It showed up on the left hand side of the page (like where your other links are). I deactivated it as I want it to be on the home page, so when classmates get on the site they don't have to search for it. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I haven't been on the site much since out 20th reunion, and alot of things have changed!!Very Happy

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM - Response #2

Hi Anita!

To add a survey to the home page, you need to make it in ANNOUNCEMENTS under HOME PAGE. At the bottom of the announcement edit window there is an option " Include a survey with this announcement". Check the box and make your survey there.

I am not a programmer, so I have no idea if they could make it possible to move a survey that is made in Survey Maker to the home page. I need to remember to take the question over to the Suggestion thread in these forums.

Hope this helps! Smile

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM - Response #3

Charles,

The "NOTIFY __ Classmates" is only for those classmates who have signed up for Notify Me.
Surveys (when they are active) appear on the left-side (or top-side) menus. When they are created, you need to EMAIL THE CLASS to let everyone know that there is a survey they need to fill out. The Notify option would only work if everyone that signed up for the website said that they wanted to be notified when a new survey was added.

The survey you created is there on the left-side menus (highlighted below):
Saturday Night Dinner/Dance
-----> Musical Favorites <-------
Sunday Worship and Lunch
Contact Us

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM - Response #4

Charles,

The "NOTIFY __ Classmates" is only for those classmates who have signed up for Notify Me.
Surveys (when they are active) appear on the left-side (or top-side) menus. When they are created, you need to EMAIL THE CLASS to let everyone know that there is a survey they need to fill out. The Notify option would only work if everyone that signed up for the website said that they wanted to be notified when a new survey was added.

The survey you created is there on the left-side menus (highlighted below):
Saturday Night Dinner/Dance
-----> Musical Favorites <-------
Sunday Worship and Lunch
Contact Us

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #5

Thanks. I did find it. Since obviously no one signs up for the notifications, I think I might do a weekly or biweekly email to educate the class on how to use the site and to let them know the new items on the site. That seems to be a good way to pull them to the site and keep help them see all the possibilities with the site. I'm wondering if anyone else does this and how it worked for them? I just sent the email giving eight new items on the site and encouraging those who haven't joined to do so and have gotten a flurry of people signing on to the site.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM - Response #6

Way to go, Charles! With a flurry of people signing onto the site, you had something in your email that nudged them to do so. Whatever it was... keep up the good work!

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM - Response #7

I just created a survey, gave it a name (Elect Officers), clicked the box to make it active, and now I can't find it. Thought perhaps it works like Gallery pages, so I went into my Edit Site Pages to make it active there, but no sign of my new survey. Went back into my Survey Maker page, and nothing is listed there. Am I missing something?

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM - Response #8

I don't see it on your Survey Maker page, you probably need to create it again. I don't know what happened to it.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM - Response #9

Thanks, Kyle. Maybe some weird hole in the space-time continuum. Wink

I'll try again.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM - Response #10

Thanks! This worked perfectly!

Monday, November 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM - Response #11

If we want to have the link to a survey or the actual questions of the survey appear in the center of the home page, could it be done?

Monday, November 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM - Response #12

Yes, just create an announcement with the POST ANNOUNCEMENT and then at the bottom of the announcement creation page, say there is a survey associated with the announcement, then place the announcement in the proper place between the other announcements to make it appear in the center of the home page.

Monday, November 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM - Response #13

And the question(s) will appear there?

Edited 11/17/14 10:45 AM
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM - Response #14

A link to view the results will be there for classmates to access depending on if you select the option for classmates to view the results.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM - Response #15

OK but was asking about the questions. Will they physically, as sentences of text, appear on the home page?
And I posted a survey and made it active on the left side of the home page. I receive a copy of the survey answered by email but can't see the result of the survey on the home page. Even though I created and posted the survey, do I have to answer my own survey to see the results of everyone who has participated? It seems odd. Would just like to know how to proceed.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM - Response #16

The answers do not appear on the homepage. There will be a button that appears that says View Survey Results that takes you to a Survey Results page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.