ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Survey sent?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/09/13 02:51 PM Views: 831 Replies: 4
Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Okay, I'm missing something somewhere. I just made a survey for out 50th reunion but I don't see how to send it to the class. Does it go automatically? I also don't see anything on the home page to let them know there is a survey. What did I miss? Also the photo gallery no longer shows on the home page either. The only place I find it is under the Admin functions. Love all the new updates, but I'm really confused where things went to. HELP! Thanks.
Brenda Windel
V-B Class of 1964

Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM - Response #1

There is nothing to send the survey to the classmates. They must just click the link. You can use EMAIL THE CLASS to let your classmates know about the survey.

It looks like your "Reunion Activities Survey" is somewhat hidden in the "School Buildings" Fly-out menu. You might want to make it a main-level menu item so classmates can find it. (Use EDIT SITE PAGES and drag it out a level to make it a main-level menu)

Your Photo Gallery, named "25th Reunion Picture" is hidden as a 2nd-level sub menu of the "Reunions/40th Class Reunion" menu. If you want it as a main-level you need to drag it out there using EDIT SITE PAGES and then move the "25th Reunion Picture" to where you want it.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle, I found the survey but I'm still having a problem finding the Photo Gallery. We had a menu item entitled "Photo Gallery" in the menu that had several entries. I can see them in the Photo Gallery Creator - how do I get them, as a unit, under a menu tab of "Photo Galleries". I moved the 25 reunion pix to a sub menu item but I still can't get the photo gallery that we had to show on the menu. Remember - you are speaking to a very computer illiterate person....what am I missing? It's probably staring me in the face, but I just don't see it.

Thanks for your help.
Brenda

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM - Response #3

Brenda,

In your Gallery Creator, there is a page called " 25th Reunion Picture" It is currently INACTIVE. You have several galleries underneath that page. If the page is inactive, so are the galleries. If you want any of those galleries to be seen, you need to have them underneath an active page.

If you want each of those galleries to have their own menu, then each of those galleries needs to have it's own navigational link. For example, on Gallery Creator, click "Create new photo gallery navigational link" button. Name that navigational link "Family Fun". Then EDIT the photo gallery called "Family Fun" and choose the "Within Link:" item called "Family Fun". This will make the Family Fun photo gallery have it's own page. You could then go to EDIT SITE PAGES, create a new link, call it "Photo Galleries", and add "Family Fun" as a drop-down menu. Repeat the process for the other photo galleries.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM - Response #4

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I was thinking of the "old" gallery, not how to do the new, improved one. DUH!!! By george, I think I've got it now. I tried everything and just couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. Thanks for walking me through it. Your whole staff are lifesavers to all of us. You guys rock!!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.