ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Alt text for images

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/04/09 08:43 AM Views: 1373 Replies: 3
Friday, September 4, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I need a code monkey...

On my "Why you should go" page, I have posted pictures of the groups at their "pre meets." I added ALT text to them. I then used an link to enlarge the image in another window.

I would rather move the ALT text to the large image rather than the "thumbnail." Where in the code do I insert that.

Can I do that in the file vault?

Friday, September 4, 2009 at 9:06 AM - Response #1

I don't think what you want to do is possible. The reason is because the browser is acting just like a "jpg viewer" when viewing the large photo and it doesn't have any html code. The browser address line is "....file.jpg".

When additional custom pages are added (on the task list), you could put each large photo on it's own page with the IMG tag and add alternate text.

PS. Maybe you are still working on it, but there are a few images not linked to the larger images. (1st image, 4th image, and 6th image). These photos all don't have a blue border around them.

Edited 09/04/09 9:07 AM
Friday, September 4, 2009 at 2:47 PM - Response #2

Kyle's right, you'd have to dedicate a page to the iamge and put both the image and the ALT tag on the page. If you're simply linking to the JPG there's nothing else you can add.

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 3:08 PM - Response #3

Thanks---I think I'll probably open the LRG images in photoshop and add the text in a text box in the bottom.
Thanks for pondering my problem.

Maggie

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.