Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

May 10 tests by you

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/10/10 09:36 PM Views: 1344 Replies: 3
Monday, May 10, 2010 at 9:36 PM

The tests you are doing Monday evening, May 10 -

Could that be the reason for my problems tonight:
I turned off the history/video page on the home page, yet it does not go away.

http://www.classcreator.com/Freeport-TX-Brazosport-1970/class_index.cfm

Also, the announcemnt that I created overlaps to the right, covering up some data.

I even logged off, and logged on again, and the situation still is there.

Could be, I don't fully understand the history/video stuff? One of admin's have done all the others for me.

Thanks,

Steve

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:13 PM - Response #1

No, our tests tonight are actually related to internal stuff. Since you asked, we have a Task Management System that controls everything here. All new forum responses come to us in the form of a Task. When we see the Task, we then jump out to the forums to respond. Which happens to be a big waste of time, since we already just read the question in our own internal system, and now essentially we have to reload a copy of the same information just to respond. But no more, now we can actually respond internally from our system without ever actually looking at the public forum display. You won't notice anything different, the tests tonight were just us verifying everything is working correctly so we can work more efficiently for now on. Now in answer to your questions:

1) History Video link: I don't see it live on your site. Looks like it's working fine. Make sure you have your browser set up to not cache web pages. Either that or clear your cache yourself.

2) Too many ====== in a row. Those have no space and thus have nowhere to wrap. Since they don't fit in the space you put them, the browser just moves them down to the first place they can display in full. Shortening the ===== solves the problem.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

... now we can actually respond internally from our system without ever actually looking at the public forum display.

A question (please don't throw anything hard):

When a person makes a post, and then they edit the post to correct or add information, does the edit then update the post in your task manager?

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM - Response #3

no, just the final edit.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.