ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Blow outs on Chrome

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/01/12 03:11 AM Views: 1307 Replies: 5
Friday, June 1, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Hi -
I am having problems with blow outs on our home page using Chrome. All looks fine on IE and Firefox.

Also - the announcement on the home page will not center. Codes are showing 'center', but on all browsers it is on the left.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM - Response #1

This is fixed.

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM - Response #2

I don't know what you did, but thank you! Browser issue? Or me issue?

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM - Response #3

Am having an issue with the site content (login box, etc) vs. the "Announcement" area on Chrome - works fine on Firefox.

On Chrome, it puts all the right-side items (login box, etc) first, then pushes all the Announcement content down underneath it, and it shows it full width.

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM - Response #4

Judy,

I don't use Chrome, but I would guess it is the displayable portion of your URLs that you have listed in your announcements. If you change the displayable portion of the URL to be "Click HERE" or you put a few spaces in the displaying portion of the link, it will probably work better. I believe that Internet Explorer has this problem, too, but FireFox can handle a URL (website address) that doesn't have spaces and wraps the line on a "/".

Let me know if this doesn't fix it and I will try to dig a little deeper.

Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM - Response #5

THe only changes I made were removing the colon after one of the headings, and changed the link to a "Click here". I did this in two stages - the colon seemed to be the culprit, if that's possible.

Judy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.