ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deleting Message Forum pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/12/14 08:54 PM Views: 1034 Replies: 8
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 8:54 PM

If I delete lots of Message Forum post are they deleted for everyone, and vice versa - if a classmate deletes a MF post, is it deleted for me also. Do MF posts use up memory space?

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM - Response #1

I believe the answers to your questions are yes, yes and no.

That is, if you delete a post it is gone for everyone.

If an individual deletes one of their posts it is gone for everyone.

Items that count against your memory allocation are all either contained or accounted for in the File Vault.

Edited 11/12/14 10:23 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM - Response #2

Thanks, F C. That's what I needed to know.

Doreene

Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM - Response #3

FC is correct. Only images you upload for use on your pages, MP3 files that are uploaded and Photo Gallery images that are uploaded by classmates and admins count against your File Vault storage. Your pages and text content are all free.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 9:44 AM - Response #4

Thanks, Kyle. That really clears it up. I have a classmate who was complaining because there were so many Message Forum posts to sort through and was asking if we could remove some of them. I told her to just make sure the newest were at the top and just read down until she got to something she had already read. However, I do wish there were a SEARCH feature where one could search for a post that a particular classmate had posted.

Thanks,
Doreene

Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM - Response #5

Great suggestion, Doreen... the ability to search on the Message Forum!

Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM - Response #6

I like the suggestion and I will forward this for future consideration for message forum updates.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM - Response #7

Here's another request on this subject. When I add a new class yearbook the system adds each scanned page as a new message and then they can only be deleted one at a time. This takes a lot of time when you are scanning and uploading 150 page yearbooks. Would be nice to have a "Delete All" option when uploading has been completed.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 1:25 PM - Response #8

I use the Browser's Search function. Works for lots of things on CC - especially searching for code in Editor Source mode. Idea

Doreene Barrett wrote:

However, I do wish there were a SEARCH feature where one could search for a post that a particular classmate had posted.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.