ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Center in Premium version

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/20/13 04:53 PM Views: 956 Replies: 6
Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I'm just now building a site dhsclassof63.com and can't seem to get the Message Center to function for classmates. I can send and receive replies as Administrator but classmates can't compose their own messages. Is this feature not available in the Premium version?

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 8:04 PM - Response #1

Larry,

Please find out the steps they are taking. It should work for everyone, even Premium version. They are probably doing it wrong.

Tell them to click Message Center, then COMPOSE MESSAGE button.

If you can get specific details about what isn't working, that would be helpful.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM - Response #2

Kyle,
It appears the steps were being followed properly. After 3 or 4 hours the messages were actually sent. The users had the button selected for "Immediate" regarding notification of a new personal message. I guess we thought immediate meant something close to immediate in the computer world. Taking that long to generate an email and have it appear in your outbox does seem a bit outside expectations. We'll keep testing it before sending out any class notifications using the website. However that type of delay would defeat any management capabilities when trying to organize a reunion.

Edited 01/20/13 11:57 PM
Monday, January 21, 2013 at 12:28 AM - Response #3

Messages are sent in order that we receive them. If other schools have sent large emails and their emails appear in the queue before your emails, they will be sent before your emails. There are also rules that we must follow in order to not be considered a spam email sender. We can only send so many emails for every 10 minutes. So that also slows things down. If we are considered as a spammer, then your classmates would never get their emails, which is worse than 3 or 4 hours late.

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM - Response #4

When the time comes I'll have about 155 classmates to email with the official invite. Can I do that within Class Creator or would I have to use my own email program?

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM - Response #5

You can do that through the EMAIL THE CLASS functionality. You would just select everyone (There is a SELECT ALL button) and then type your message. An email will be sent to each classmate with an email address.

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Response #6

Hi Kyle,
Just a short comment. I've been using the e-mail the class feature for almost 2 years. It seems to be quite handy, and my e-mails are never delayed more than an hour or so which, for me, is well within the boundaries of "in a timely manner". In Particular I like the 'create your own list' feature. Quite handy !!
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.