ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

IE Browser Problem

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/21/08 01:59 AM Views: 1292 Replies: 3
Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 1:59 AM

Hi Brad,
I am not sure what is going on or what to do about this. I made a table on my home page and put a slide show of our teachers in it along with a few "Thank You" words to them. In Internet Explorer, I cannot get the slide show or the words to center in the table. In Firefox, it all looks great. I am not sure what to do to correct this problem in IE. Can you help me with this one?
Thanks,
Anita

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 3:24 AM - Response #1

Yup. You had a table that was, I believe, 362 pixels wide. But then your first row within that table was only 250 pixels wide. It forced all of the text in IE over to the left, while Firefox somehow compensated for it. You'll find overall Firefox to be a more forgiving browser than IE. I let the row span the width of the table, and now everything appears centered in both browsers.

The ony good way to solve issues like this is to know a little html. When you're getting into the level of layout you've got going on here, that's definitely a good thing to know.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 11:26 AM - Response #2

Hi Brad,

Thanks for fixing that for me!

I understand what you are talking about here, and part of the problem probably is that I do know alittle about HTML...just enough to be dangerous! LOL
I am alway hesitant to delete (and insert) HTML. I know it can completely change things happening on your page. Although I have gotten the hang of changing pixel sizes without too much fear.

Anyway...for some reason I cannot get into my html by clicking the "Source" button in IE. When I click on it...it just doesn't go there. If I want to do something in my html, I have to go to firefox. It really is kind of a pain, is there something I can do to get the "Source" button back in IE?
I have already tried deleting my temporary files and cookies. Any other suggestions?

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 11:48 AM - Response #3

Make sure you are using IE7. Make sure you're using the default security level and haven't turned on some super high level of security or something like that. Make sure you don't have anti virus, firewall, or some other third party component blocking access to source code. Our system will work fine with the IE browser default -- something else on your computer must be interfering.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.