ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New to Survey Tool

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/15/19 06:40 PM Views: 1001 Replies: 6
Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:40 PM

Good Afternoon,

I just set-up my first "Survey" using the survey tool inside Class Creator. I've made it active, but was wondering how the survey is shown to our members so they can take it if they chose to.

Is an e-mail sent to them with a link to the survey in it or is there an e-mail sent telling them where to take the survey or do I have to do another e-mail blast to inform the group there is a survey ready for them to take if they chose to...?

Friday, February 15, 2019 at 8:08 PM - Response #1

I think when you activate the survey, it becomes a new page, just like other pages. Under Notify Me, if someone has checked the "Pages on the site have been added or updated" option, they'll be notified about the survey page.

But, I think it's best to Email the Class, telling them the purpose of the survey, and including a link to the new page. I did this on our survey and it worked well.

Class Creator should add some instructions to this effect.

Edited 02/15/19 8:41 PM
Friday, February 15, 2019 at 9:07 PM - Response #2

Thanks Scott and I agree.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 9:13 AM - Response #3

For me to see how my classmates will receive a message or a survey, I create a dummy classmate. I use Alfred E. Neuman with a e-mail I created on gmail. It's FREE.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 5:14 PM - Response #4

No need to set up a dummy classmate to see how the email will look. Just send a test email to yourself. It's one of the options in Email the Class.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 9:01 PM - Response #5

Paul Mercier wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I just set-up my first "Survey" using the survey tool inside Class Creator. I've made it active, but was wondering how the survey is shown to our members so they can take it if they chose to.

Paul, As soon as I activate a survey, I go to the survey link and complete the survey. You will see it your members see it.

I agree with Scott Moore's response and add this...
When I add a survey I want members to see and give their response, I always add a link on the home page - near the top of the page. We had an excellent response to our last one.

Edited 02/16/19 9:02 PM
Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 9:47 PM - Response #6

Thank you all for your very informative replies. After setting up the survey and making it active (which creates another page on our website) I did an e-mail blast to our classmates. I also went to FB and posted to our FB Group.
So far the response has been slow, but we will see what develops..

My Best

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.