ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Abandon this draft" Result?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/20/13 04:42 PM Views: 976 Replies: 6
Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

So, I'm editing my reunion details and periodically saving my changes as a draft. But, out of curiosity, what happens if I choose "Abandon this draft"? Will it revert to my last saved DRAFT version or the last saved LIVE page?

Can I see my previous DRAFT versions in the "View Backups" link?

Here's the potential problem: I went into my source view and deleted a table that wasn't working for me, and returned to an entirely blank edit window. (Panick!!! This has happened to me before!)

I clicked SOURCE again and, luckily, I can still see my content. But what should I have done if I had needed to return to my last saved draft? (or would I have LOST a whole day's work!)???

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM - Response #1

This is what it says if you "Abandon"

"Click OK if you wish to abandon this draft and revert back to the last live version, or Cancel if you do not"

It reverts to the last LIVE version of the page, not a draft. Yes you can view DRAFT versions via Backups Link. IOW, if you want the last draft, go to backups and click the last one you saved.

FWIW - I'm not particularly fond of how the page EXITS when you save. No other program I have does that. Needs to be changed since it's not only slows things down but makes for needless work. I'm almost at the point where I'm tempted to list this as a BUGCrying or Very sad

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Jack! I was afraid to click on anything, without more assurance of what to expect (maybe hover text?)

As to the EXIT on save, I agree. It would make more sense to return to the page. Perhaps it needs a "SAVE & CONTINUE" choice, along with "SAVE & EXIT"... ?

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM - Response #3

We're told & reminded to save often - a "SAVE & CONTINUE" would go a long way toward reinforcing that parctice!

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM - Response #4

I was looking at a "FAFSA" application just recently for a Pell Grant, and on almost every page, at the bottom there are 2 boxes..."save and exit" and "save and continue".
Barbara Idea

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM - Response #5

Thanks for your recommendations on this. We have reviewed this with the programmers and come up with the following options:

Save and Exit

Save and Continue on this page

Save and Preview in a separate Window/Tab

We will post an update here when this change has been added to the system.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM - Response #6

LOVE!!! Thank you, Jessica! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.