ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Club participation

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/31/15 07:50 PM Views: 924 Replies: 11
Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Our yearbooks listed each senior's club or group activity (Spanish Club, Student Council, Football team), etc. Looking for ways to include this information on each person's profile page, similar to posting their Senior Class photo.

Suggestions?QuestionIdeaQuestion

Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 8:40 PM - Response #1

oh I think I just found a solution...add as a caption to their Senior (Yearbook) photo, but I'll take any and all suggestions.

Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 8:43 PM - Response #2

You can use the Profile Generator to add these questions, maybe "Spanish Club (Yes/No)" and/or "Football Team (Yes/No)", then you can use the Custom Icons feature to show an icon for "Spanish Club = YES" or "Football Team = YES" and show an icon for each question. The Custom Icon feature is new and can be found on the Edit Site Pages, Classmate Profiles, then mouse-over the Custom Icon and then click and then Add Custom Icon.

Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 10:15 PM - Response #3

What Kyle said...there are some icons already generated..but then you can make some from other gifs.

Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 11:25 PM - Response #4

Thank you for the reply. I thought about putting them in the questionnaire, but I wanted a place where the person couldn't change it, and the information is [potentially] different for everyone.

Not sure I could compile a list of clubs to put in the questionnaire. It's been 40 years...I barely remember what organizations I participated in; since I already have the information, I wanted to put a note on each person's profile, similar to their yearbook photo.

So I thought to add this information (I already have it) as a caption on the person's yearbook photo, but now I'm confused. WHERE does this info show up?

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM - Response #5

I don't believe that a caption for the yearbook photo exists.

Non-editable profile questions is on the list of desired features that can be associated with Custom Icons, but I don't know how far along in the development cycle it is.

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 11:12 AM - Response #6
caption.png

Sad I'm confused then. When you click on the thumbnail of a photo (yearbook, then, now, master), you are given the option to 'edit details'. This opens a window that allows you to enter a caption. (see attachment) You're saying this field isn't used anywhere?

Edited 11/01/15 11:13 AM
Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 12:34 PM - Response #7

You can correct me if I am wrong, but I am not aware of the place where that caption would display.

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 12:42 PM - Response #8

Well nuts!Sad Have a feature and it's not useable. Rolling Eyes

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM - Response #9

The Caption feature does work in the PHOTOS section of your profile, but not for Yearbook Photo and Master Photo (and Then / Now photos).

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 1:39 PM - Response #10

The Caption feature does work in the PHOTOS section of your profile, but not for Yearbook Photo and Master Photo (and Then / Now photos).

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 2:31 PM - Response #11

javascript:addSmiley('Sad');

I figured out a work-around. I just added a new page under 'Classmate Information' with the information. I was compiling a table of the information anyway, so I'll just paste onto the page once I'm done. Thanks for your help, though.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.