ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

User name and password reentering

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/13 01:10 PM Views: 1163 Replies: 13
Monday, August 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM

To Clarify a point, I want to know if it is a function of the site to keep the user logged in or is this a function of the browser? Case in point is that on new access to the site I and other classmates need to reenter the User Name and Password even after checking the keep me logged in box on a previous log in. This may be a time sensitive thing but knowing the details would help.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM - Response #1

I believe it is a browser function regarding how you've set cookies. If your browser is set to allow some cookies on your computer, the website can keep you logged in.
I may not be explaining this well, so I welcome anyone to chime in here.Very Happy

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM - Response #2

"Remember Me" makes the cookie never expire. note: this is a non-domain site.... if the person is a member of another non-domain site, they would overwrite their cookie each time they logged into the other one. Additionally, if the member logs out or if they have their browser set to kill cookies upon close, that it make it so that the person needs to log in again when they return.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM - Response #3

Tim, I was aware of the information you shared prior to the post so your explanation was correct. I have not changed the original cookies so this would not be the problem.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM - Response #4

Scott, I will revisit our site and see if issues exit but for now I am still not able to enter without renewing my log in even though I check "Remember me" and the other conditions do not apply to me.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM - Response #5

Paul - what is your browser version number and OS? This may be an issue that is browser specific.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM - Response #6

I use Firefox and I have the latest version 24.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM - Response #7

I mainly was just trying to clarify things and I was not just trying to report an issue. That is unless an issue did exist.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM - Response #8

24 is beta, but don't think that's the problem. Look at your settings under Tools/Options. In particular make sure in Security you check Remember Passwords and for Privacy do not check Private Browsing mode.

Could be other settings that might affect this, but those are the 2 that pop up.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM - Response #9

Like I mentioned the settings are not an issue. No real problem exist. I was mainly confirming my understanding of the situation so I could more accurately inform other members who were asking.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM - Response #10

Paul Henderson wrote:

... for now I am still not able to enter without renewing my log in ..

I don't understand why that was written if there was no problemQuestion

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM - Response #11

That was true but it was only a statement used to explain what I was talking about. I was seeing the situation but I wanted extra input from other knowledgeable to confirm that the circumstance was in no way related to the class website.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM - Response #12

So what changed since the Aug 12 post and now that solved your problemQuestion Others might have the same situation.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM - Response #13

OK! Once more it was fact finding only. Please lets leave this there we can go to other necessary things. I apologize for the need to clarify the issue. Please accept this in that spirit of friendship.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.