ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

editing profile photo of classmate

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/11/13 08:57 AM Views: 991 Replies: 6
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I've just received a profile from a classmate, but the photo is sideways, needs to be rotated 90 degrees. I opened his profile as administrator, rotated and saved the work, but the photo is still incorrect. I was able to correct two spelling errors in the text accompanying, which did show up in the profile. What's up?

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM - Response #1

Hi Dave and welcome to the Forums!

Wish I had the answer for you. You could try a right click 'save as' to correct the photo on your computer then upload it back for the classmate. Still that doesn't answer your question.

Hope to see you around these forums again and will be watching this to learn the answer.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM - Response #2

Dave,

The image might have been rotated, but your browser is still displaying the cached version. Try the browser RELOAD/REFRESH button when looking at that page or try viewing the page in a different browser. If I knew the classmate's name, I could tell you what I see. If it is EDWARD, the photo looks right to me.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM - Response #3

Ah, yes, love the cache. It's bitten me many times. Today after the computer had been off over night, the image was fine. It was Edward, Kyle. Thanks for the responses!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM - Response #4

How can I rotate a photo in a classmate's profile now with the new profiles?

Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 2:12 PM - Response #5

The ability to rotate a photo is not in that new image uploader. You would need to save the image to your computer, edit it, and then upload it again for the classmate. We are considering this kind of upgrade in the future, but not right away.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM - Response #6

Or you can try THIS online tool. Works very well.

Usually the reason it's upside down has to do with the photo header created by some phone cameras (that's the only one I know about for sure).

All you do is load the photo into any photo editor and then just save. All better.Surprised (the online one will work too for just a simple resave)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.