ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Request for email Opt Out

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/27/12 02:20 PM Views: 1571 Replies: 7
Monday, February 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I have received a request from one of my alumni asking to "opt out" of emails being sent to various class years. He still wants to have access to the site, so I don't want to remove his email address.

Is there a way to set "opt out" or will I simply have to remember to remove him whenever I'm emailing everyone?

Thoughts? Ideas? Solutions?

Thx!
Barb

Monday, February 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM - Response #1

At the bottom of all e-mails from the system is an "Opt-out message". She just needs to click that link and it will automatically opt-out of e-mails.

HOWEVER, you might want to ask the classmate to go to PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS and check if they are subscribed to a lot of profiles. If they are, they might just want to delete most of the profile subscriptions. It is usually the PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS that generate excessive e-mails from the website.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM - Response #2

I have a person (not a classmate) who is receiving emails from me when I email the Class and he wants to opt out. I downloaded the class list in order to find the email in question with no luck. The email address is miker@americandryer.com

I'm thinking that it might be a alternate email address. Since I have almost 1700 classmates on our website, is there any way you can search the database for the email address in question and either remove the email address or send me the name of the classmate who has that e-address on their profile.

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM - Response #3

You can search the class list by email address. Go to Manage Classmates, click Enter/Edit Classmates, and type the email address into the Search field.

I turned off the setting for Email The Class notifications for this classmate.

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM - Response #4

Thank You Eric, By searching the class list by email, I found out that the email in question was a alternate email (which I deleted) and the owner of the profile does not want the email notification turned off. Can I or she (Karen Iwaniec Bennett) or you turn that feature back on? As always, thanks for your help.

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM - Response #5

Thank You Eric, By searching the class list by email, I found out that the email in question was a alternate email (which I deleted) and the owner of the profile does not want the email notification turned off. Can I or she (Karen Iwaniec Bennett) or you turn that feature back on? As always, thanks for your help.

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM - Response #6

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM - Response #7

Have the classmate log in and visit the Notify Me page under Member Functions. There, she can familiarize herself with and exercise control over her own notification settings.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.