ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contact Us...email or link?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/08 01:06 AM Views: 1376 Replies: 5
Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 1:06 AM

I am close to sending out the mass invite. Almost there. I recall you saying that for the Contact Us space, that we should not place our emails, but rather a site because we would be inundated with something. What is the risk of just using an email and how would we create a site for receiving emails from classmates????

Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 1:14 PM - Response #1

Don't put your email address on the site because then you will open yourself up for spam when the web is crawled by search engines and bots.

Instead, create a link to 'contact us' on your page. Type out 'contact us', highlight it, then click the create url button on the page editor. Copy the link to your contact us page and it will display as a clickable link directly to your 'contact us' page.

Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 1:36 PM - Response #2

I am so sorry...I am not clear. Where do I type "Contact Us"? and where is the URL button? Sad

Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 1:55 PM - Response #3

If you are ready to email your Classmates to invite them to your new site, all you need to do is send your invite. A link to your site is automatically appended to every blast email you send. And your Contact Us page is already functional, already hides your email address to keep you same from spam, and already has all necessary functionality to allow Classmates or others to send you an email from your site.

Bottom line, if you feel your site is ready, go ahead and send your email and let everyone know about it. Everything is already in place that you need regarding email and privacy.

Edited 08/03/08 4:22 PM
Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 2:03 PM - Response #4

Brad, Thank you so much for your help and PATIENCE. I feel comfortable then to blast the email. Your help and advice has been incredible. Talk about a learning curve...

Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 2:19 PM - Response #5

Bonita Lyon wrote:

I am so sorry...I am not clear. Where do I type "Contact Us"? and where is the URL button? Sad

Ooops, I thought you meant the contact us link on your webpage, not for mass email. Although, you can do it in your mass email.

When you click 'email the class', the page opens up with all the buttons on the top. Type 'contact us' where you want it in your mass email. Highlight 'contact us' and click the icon with the pic of a globe and paperclip. A box will pop up to copy your url. Paste the url for your contact us page and that will prevent you from having your email address display. You use the same procedure for creating links on any of your webpages.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.