ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Linked file in email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/28/14 12:14 AM Views: 632 Replies: 8
Monday, April 28, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I am linking a file in the Vault into an email. The text that displays is the file name in the vault plus some other stuff. In most windows apps, you can edit a hyperlink and change the "text to be displayed" by right clicking it. Is there a way to do this in "email the class"?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM - Response #1

I don't think the editor has that functionality (right click edit of displayed text). The best way to create the link is to first type the text you want to display, highlight it, and then click on the link icon to select the file to be linked.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM - Response #2

But is that possible - to make a public (email) direct link to the admin-only file vault? I would think only within your website itself, the CC system.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM - Response #3

Mary Smith - SPHSAA President & Alumni Records wrote:

But is that possible - to make a public (email) direct link to the admin-only file vault? I would think only within your website itself, the CC system.

Yes it is possible.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 3:21 PM - Response #4

Yes, it's possible to do this. Files in the vault are viewable by anyone logged in to the class website. This means of course, that when a classmate clicks on the link in the email, he/she will have to log in if they are not already logged in.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM - Response #5

I just tested this and found that it isn't necessary to be logged in to view a linked file. Will check into this further.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM - Response #6

To the beginning of a pdf or other link within an email, prepend www.classcreator.com to the beginning of the link and be sure the prefix is http.

Edited 04/29/14 6:09 PM
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 7:41 PM - Response #7

Rhonda McClellan wrote:

To the beginning of a pdf or other link within an email, prepend www.classcreator.com to the beginning of the link and be sure the prefix is http.

At one time that had to be done. Not sure when the change was made but that is now done automatically.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM - Response #8

Thanks FC, I had this bit of info in my notes and glad to know of the change.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.