ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Too much on homepage?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/07/09 07:47 AM Views: 1373 Replies: 9
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Many sites have a lot more happening on their homepage in terms of widgets and graphics than what's on mine, but I have a classmate who is having trouble logging into our site. She says it takes a long time for the page to load, and then it freezes up during login -- for the past 2 days.

I'm working through the possilities with her, such as clearing the cache and rebooting, but what are some other suggestions and possibilities? Can you look at my homepage and tell me if there is anything I need to fix?

Thanks!
Terry

Addendum: just received a report that another classmate experienced a glitch on Friday evening, in his words:
Quote:

I sent Dena a reply through the reunion portal yesterday [Friday 4/3] but I’m not sure it went through as the webserver seemed to time-out.

Edited 04/07/09 8:14 AM
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 8:27 AM - Response #1

I had no problem loading your site and everything looks great!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 8:35 AM - Response #2

Thanks Randy!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 11:33 AM - Response #3

Terry, your page loads easily for me, also. As a newbie, I am quite impressed with your Contributions page(s). How do you link from inside one page to another? For example, "Individual Donations" and "Sponsor Donations" share the same page, but have separate links to other pages. (Do you have time to teach me or can you direct me to the correct forum post?)

Much thanks,
Debbie

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM - Response #4

Your site looks good and the home page loaded easily. Some people are still on dial-up or have old computers, so there's not much you can do for them. I always take for granted my classmates are seeing everything as I see it !!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 12:25 PM - Response #5

Hi Terry,
I also had no trouble loading your home page, and was quite impressed. In fact, I plan to steal, copy and plagerize several items, I hope you don't mind too much. The donate part especially. By the way, where did you get the cool thermometer for the donate section, did you have to pay for it? Cool

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 12:32 PM - Response #6

Me either no problems! Looks great!Very Happy

Yvette
PHS Class of "87"

Friday, April 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM - Response #7

Frank Comstock wrote:

Hi Terry,
I also had no trouble loading your home page, and was quite impressed. In fact, I plan to steal, copy and plagerize several items, I hope you don't mind too much. The donate part especially. By the way, where did you get the cool thermometer for the donate section, did you have to pay for it? Cool

Frank,
There is mention of adding a thermometer to your donation site somewhere in this forum area - I remember seeing it! Could be under Donations Page, or Third Party Widgets.

Friday, April 10, 2009 at 9:08 AM - Response #8

Frank Comstock wrote:

Hi Terry,

Frank,
found this on Third Party Plugins....http://www.fundraiserinsight.org/thermometer

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 1:54 PM - Response #9

Wow. I just "happened" to look back through some of my entries and discovered all of these responses and questions about my site... I wonder how I missed the email notifications? Hmmm...

Seems a bit late and more than a little silly to reply now, but if anyone is still waiting and hoping for me to answer, please let me know!

Cheers,

Terry

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.