ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

CD's as reunion favors

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/30/10 11:03 AM Views: 3556 Replies: 7
Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM

We are going to make CD's of our favorite music and want to give them out as favors at our reunion. Does anyone know where we can buy bulk CD's and cases and where we can have labels and covers made?

Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM - Response #1

I make up 50s music in sets of 10 for our class reunions. I make the labels with the "CD Stomper" and you can buy that and the cases at Walmart or office supply stores. I have appx. 3,000 tunes on my computer but you can buy through Rino Records or "Rapsody" mp3 store which is part of www.Realplayer.com
Hope this helps.

Dave

Edited 01/30/10 2:21 PM
Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 2:22 PM - Response #2

We did that for our 50th reunion last year and they were very well received. Had a lot of positive feedback about them. Since I only had to do about 60, I did them myself, using Lightscribe to label the CDs with a picture of the school on them. Didn't have to fool with paper labels. Just wanted to let you know that it is a good idea & I think your classmates will enjoy them.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 6:16 PM - Response #3

I used this place for our 45th http://www.mixonic.com/action/PriceCalculatorServlet#pricer

I only ordered 50 but they can do many more and they did an outstanding job. Very professional looking. You make your own design and they burn it onto the disc and they make the jewel case insert based on your design. You create your designs in something like Photoshop on templates you download from them.

I just had them burn my "designed" discs and tray cards and then I burned the songs onto them. They can also burn your songs on but the cost of that is higher. I had downloaded MP3 versions so I could get more on the disc. We graduated in '64 so our disc was titled "Sixty Four from '64" I also had a classmate record an intro about our high school years and how the songs fit in with our memories. Made it very personal. It was a very big hit. Believe it or not, we've already begun making a list for a 4 CD version for our 50th!

If you like, I can e-mail you copies of my designs just so you can get an idea.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM - Response #4

Hi Barbara - I read your reply about the reunion CDs and would be very interested in seeing your work. I'm beginning very preliminary work on our 50th reunion in 2013! Hard to believe - Troy High School, Troy, NY, Class of 1963. Thanks for your offer. I'd like to try to create CDs for our reunion - what a good idea. My email is betsysavery@gmail.com.

Edited 01/30/10 7:02 PM
Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM - Response #5

Betsy,

Just e-mailed it to you...

Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM - Response #6

I would love to see your cd reunion favors. I am trying to get my 50th class reunion going and appreciate any new ideas I can get. Thank you. Nancy

Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 6:59 PM - Response #7

Just a word of caution. Copying songs to CDs and giving them away (or selling them) is a violation of copyright laws.

You might talk with an attorney in your class or read up on licensing rights through www.bmi.com and www.ascap.com.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.