ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Placement of Announcements

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/29/22 09:48 AM Views: 3504 Replies: 4
Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 9:48 AM

Is there a way to change where the announcements appear on the homepage? Or is there a way to embed them? Thank you.

Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 11:36 AM - Response #1

Hi Cindy,

Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit Page

There are arrows to the left of Home Page Content and announcements so you can choose which of the two you want to appear first on the homepage.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 4:29 PM - Response #2

My question is not about the order. Can I post the announcement area somewhere other than at the bottom of the home page.

Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 4:29 PM - Response #3

My question is not about the order. Can I post the announcement area somewhere other than at the bottom of the home page.

Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 7:16 PM - Response #4

Not sure what the announcement looks like. Must only appear if one is logged in?

Anyway, there is a way but has to be done via Javascript to put the announcement where you want it to be. Since I can't see the announcement to use it as an example, I'll try to explain.

On our homepage, you'll see that the "weather" is on the top right side where the CC stuff is located. Depending on your connection speed, it first shows on the bottom and then pops up on the right. There is no CC option to place anything other than their own stuff there.

That's what I mean about putting it wherever you want. Javascript takes the original generated code and just moves it to a new place.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.