ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Old Message Form- where is it?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/21/24 12:01 AM Views: 211 Replies: 14
Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 12:01 AM

[size=25]Hello,
We started our website 8/4/2008 and the Old Message Forum was a huge success. We switched to the new format, All [b]About Archers, but this forum never took off despite detailed instructions. I think we were just too old to feel comfortable with it as we did with the old threaded one

Our 60th reunion is 9/20/24. I would love to reactive that old Message Forum because I think it would bring back many memories, generate and revitalize interest, and bring more to our 60th.

But I can't find it. Is it lost? How can it be found and activated?

Thank You[/size][/b]

Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 3:43 AM - Response #1

Under Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages, scroll down and see if the page is still one of your pages, even though inactive. If so, you may click on Edit Link, then check Active to reactivate the page. You may also click on Preview to see what the page looks like before you check Active.

Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 11:44 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Scott!

I already did that and clicked on all of them in case it was mislabeled. Unfortunately, it was not there. It seems as if we switched over sometime in March of 2015 maybe.

I was hoping that CC offered this as an elective and that some schools may have not switched and the software was still accessible.

Does anyone still use that old Forum? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks again. Scott for taking the time to reply.

Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 1:02 PM - Response #3
Message Forum.jpg

Our sites are about the same age. On our site, I looked under Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages and found the Message Forum is still there (see attachment). Note the icon next to it, which is explained at the bottom: "Page includes default system functionality and cannot be deleted, but can be deactivated."

Strange that you don't still have this page. Maybe Class Creator admin can redisplay it for you.

Edited 08/21/24 1:03 PM
Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 1:26 PM - Response #4

Well, Scott, you are correct in that there is a link there named "Message Forum" and when I preview or try to edit it, the last page ( #33 ) comes up.

When I try to go to ' prior page' or scroll the number back a page of two, what comes up is a black page...nothing.

I wait to see if it is lazy in loading but still nothing

I hesitate to activate but maybe that is required?

Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 4:41 PM - Response #5

It won't hurt to activate it and see what's going on. If a classmate happens to open the Message Forum while you've activated it, it's not a problem, but likely no one will even see that the Message Forum is activated while you're checking it out.

Edited 08/21/24 5:05 PM
Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 9:04 PM - Response #6

Even if it's not active or has been renamed, this link should take you there. Whether or not the contents are still all there is something I can't see without logging in.
https://www.southside64.com/class_forum.cfm

Thursday, August 22, 2024 at 9:17 AM - Response #7

Nancee,

The preview only previews the last page. If you make it active you can see all pages.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, August 22, 2024 at 6:55 PM - Response #8

Hi John,
Thank you for responding. I apologize but i have been off the Help Forums for so long, I don't know if you are an acting CC admim or not. Regardless, if you can help, I would be happy to give you access to my site.

How do I do that? Make you a co admin on my site? What do I need from you to do that?
Thank you again. Very Happy

Thursday, August 22, 2024 at 6:56 PM - Response #9

Hi John,
Thank you for responding. I apologize but i have been off the Help Forums for so long, I don't know if you are an acting CC admim or not. Regardless, if you can help, I would be happy to give you access to my site.

How do I do that? Make you a co admin on my site? What do I need from you to do that?
Thank you again. Very Happy

Thursday, August 22, 2024 at 6:57 PM - Response #10

Hi John,

Thank you again.

Thursday, August 22, 2024 at 7:03 PM - Response #11

I don't know what happened but there was a response from a John ... And I replied to him but after Previewing it I could not save it, it just kept spinning.

Now his message is gone as well as mine

Thursday, August 22, 2024 at 7:16 PM - Response #12

Oh good grief ............. my apologies to all.

Jessica ..........that is just it...i can't activate it

I just get nothing or a white page

What am I doing wrong?

Thursday, August 22, 2024 at 10:09 PM - Response #13

Nancee,

You need to go to Edit Site Pages > Message Forum > Edit Link and make it "active" by checking the check box you will be able to view all pages.

Jessica

Friday, August 23, 2024 at 9:21 PM - Response #14

Hello again.

I just wanted to thank Jessia and 'the boys' for trying to help me.

Everything is up and running as they say.

I have to take accountability ( which is embarrassing in this case) but the main problem was that I had too many things open on my PC so that the MF was taking too long to load and that is why I kept seeing a white page.Embarassed

Blessings to all! CC still 'rocks'!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.