ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased classmates before Graduating

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/24/13 09:50 AM Views: 965 Replies: 9
Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Having classmates that pass away before reaching their graduating year, would they be listed as guest in the year they were suppose to graduate?

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM - Response #1

I would still list them as the year they were supposed to graduate and as classmates.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM - Response #2

We listed them with the year they would have graduated. It's really a good way to remember them even if they died years earlier.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM - Response #3

I agree with Kyle and Buddy. We had one classmate who died in a car accident just before Freshmen year and included her as everyone remembered her.

Have a good Sunday all!

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM - Response #4

Someone who has passed is not a guest. He/She is still a member of your class whether graduated or not.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM - Response #5

We list everyone who would have graduated with us but didn't, regardless of the reason why.

It is simply a choice of the administrator[s].
I know of a class who does not list them as a class member unless they attended graduation exercises!

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM - Response #6

I was wondering about that Steve. Thanks.

Edited 02/24/13 2:05 PM
Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM - Response #7

Right on. listed as classmate member and not a guest would be better, thanks.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM - Response #8

Agree with Steve tho I failed to add that, we included all who not only died prior to graduation, 8th grade up was our HS, but also those who graduated elsewhere or didn't graduate at all. Had some wonderful visits with them and they were very appreciative of being included. High school is over, include them, and enjoy.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM - Response #9

I agree, Bill. There is nothing better than to receive a Contact Us message from someone saying, 'We moved during ____ year but I'd love to get back in touch with my McHenry classmates.' I am for including everyone!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.