ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can I upload a mp4 movie?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/22/09 02:36 PM Views: 1783 Replies: 8
Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I have uploaded this movie through YouTube, but since I've added more photos I cannot get YouTube to give me the thumnail photo I want displayed. So I was hoping I could upload the video file as a mp4. Is this possible? If not is there another source for embedding videos?

Edited 10/22/09 5:41 PM
Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 6:02 PM - Response #1

You could always upload whatever thumbnail image you want, and then make it clickable to a new browser window and link it to your YouTube video.

I recommend you don't upload the native mp4 itself. You're far better off converting the video to a more universal format, such as .wmv (Windows Media Player) or .swf (Flash) and then uploading it to your File Vault and linking to it on your site. If you do this you can also embed the video right on your page if you want using standard object/embed code, which is easier than it sounds. Should you go this direction and wish to embed it directly on your page let me know and I'll help you with the embed code.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 6:41 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad, I would very much like to try to embed directly. How do I convert .mp4 to .swf as I work on a Mac.

Ava

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 7:47 PM - Response #3

You can do it with iMovie. Or Final Cut Pro. Or a variety of smaller applications you can find by Googling "convert mp4 on mac."

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM - Response #4

I have a Runion DVD, how do I upload that onto the site?

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 12:23 AM - Response #5

See this thread.

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:20 AM - Response #6

Brad,
I'm not having any luck find a converter that works Mp4 to SWF on a MAC so far all I've been able to find is for Windows. Tell me can I use a .flv file?

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 5:15 PM - Response #7

Yes you can upload an .flv video to File Vault and then embed it on your site. If you'd like to do that go ahead and upload the .flv to your File Vault and let me know when it's there. Once it is I can then help you with the object/embed code you need to include it on your site.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 7:29 PM - Response #8

Thanks!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.