ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Non Class Website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/29/21 03:53 PM Views: 170 Replies: 5
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 3:53 PM

I am interested in using CC for our Sailing Club membership. Our current site is becoming very expensive and customer support is lacking.
Our club has membership dues and expenses and looking through the features was trying to determine if managing these funds is possible through CC, what type of reports are generated?
Also, we currently have the ability to send emails and text messages to our members. Does CC interface with any system to allow text messages?
Does anyone have a club page that they could share with me to take a look?

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 5:05 PM - Response #1

I am also wondering if there is a way to add additional data fields to the member profile? We need to know if members have boats, and other customized questions/fields.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 5:27 PM - Response #2

Cheryl,

Since you haven't gotten any other responses, I'll take a shot at it. I'm certainly not an expert on ClassCreator sites, perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in, but I believe the website would do much of what you're looking for. It has the ability to generate almost any kind of question you would want to ask and provides for short text answers, long answers, yes or no, select an answer from a drop down that you create, etc.

The Reunion Planner, I believe, could be repurposed to collect annual dues and would show who has paid and who hasn't.

You have the ability to send email messages to the entire group or only select members through the Email the Class function. As for Text Messages, you have the ability to post announcements on the What's New Page and people can post their responses. Not sure if this is what you meant.

As far as reports, expenses, etc. You'll probably need to use accounting software for ongoing expenses. The Reunion Planner, if I'm understanding it correctly, can keep track of membership payments, but doesn't really go into ongoing depth. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

All in all, the software is quite flexible and I think would handle most of what you're looking for. As far as cost, the free version price can't be beat, it does have ads, some of which are so targeted, I've clicked on some myself inadvertently. My suggestion would be to try the free version, and if it works for you, consider the Paid version which removes the ads. If you don't mind the ads, and they're really not too bad, usually, stay with the free site. Even the paid version is likely to be less expensive than what you might have been paying.

I know in the past, ClassCreator seemed to welcome non-class related sites and suggested picking a school in your hometown, selecting a year that is not likely to be in use, say the class of 1801, and trying it out.

I wish you the best of luck.

Edited 06/29/21 5:29 PM
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 5:32 PM - Response #3

Other Uses of Class Creator,
Every day, people are using the Class Creator system for sites other than Class Reunions. The system, as is, can be modified under the Preferences page to change all instances of the words Classmate and Classmates, to the words of their choice that fit their intended use of the site. In addition, some pages may not be necessary, and they can be made inactive under Edit Site Pages. Other pages, can be renamed to fit their indented purpose. We have seen sites made for neighborhood associations, family sites, clubs, marching bands, businesses, military reunions, fraternity / sorority, biographies and others.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 5:45 PM - Response #4

Thanks Gary & Scott! I think i might try to setup a free site to test it out and see if anything is missing or we can live without. I have loved CC for our class alumni website, it is so flexible and easy.
Scott, is there a way to add fields to the member profile? We need to know who has a boat and details about the boat. We need to attach signed waivers and terms & conditions attached to the member profile. Is there a process to send text messages (in addition to email messages) to members that consent?

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 10:15 PM - Response #5

Check out the Profile Generator. You can ask about their boat and depending on how you phrase your questions, can gather a multitude of data. You could ask: Do you have a boat with a yes or no drop down list. Then, if YES, you could ask for details with a long text box, or break the questions into separate questions such as type of boat, length and whatever else you'd like to know. Their Responses can be viewed, but can also be downloaded in Excel format.

The Survey Creator might also be useful to you. It gives you the ability to ask questions, then email everyone, only those who responded to a specific question or those who haven't responded. Survey results can be kept private or made visible to the membership.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.