ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How Do You Edit Survey Responses?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/20/10 03:06 PM Views: 1263 Replies: 3
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM

We can easily edit just about everything in Class Creator BUT I found a scenario that it seems you can't!

In the survey section I created a page where I post stories from the classmates. At the bottom of the survey/story page, we use the survey feature so classmates can post comments about the stories.

Unfortunately as the Admin. I can not edit those responses! I see two problems with this:

1) If someone makes an error or wants to correct something they said, they can't do that (or can they)? I can't find a way to edit comments for them either [Edit survey responses].

2) If someone posts something that is objectionable I can't remove the comment unless I remove the entire survey which would remove all of the other comments.

So is there a way to edit survey responses and or remove certain ones but not all of them without removing the survey entirely?

Here is the link to the page in question:
http://www.sphsaa-classmates.org/member_dosurvey.cfm?SurveyID=10058

Edited 03/20/10 3:08 PM
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM - Response #1

It appears classmates can re-enter and change their survey responses, I just did that on my personal survey page. I did it several times to make sure the response changed on the results page.

Also, why not just use the User Forum to accomplish the same thing? You could just put a blurb on the homepage to point people to the post (put in a link direct to the message thread too).

Edited 03/20/10 3:23 PM
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 4:08 PM - Response #2

Take a look at the story page I have and you might understand why I am doing it the way I am. I actually do ask them to use the forum for their own personal stories but this section is a compilation of 100 stories by one author. The format is a continuous scrolling page and a lot of people like that better. More people visit this page than those who visit the forum for some reason.

Thanks for your response and it's nice to know they can edit it themselves but that still does not answer my question about being able to edit or remove unwanted posts.

Edited 03/20/10 4:09 PM
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM - Response #3

Bruce Eskander (Administrator) wrote:

Take a look at the story page I have and you might understand why I am doing it the way I am.

Hi Bruce, I guess you have to be a member of your group to view it?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.