ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site Password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/13 10:17 AM Views: 797 Replies: 6
Monday, August 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I don't suppose there is a 'easy' way for you to have appear on the 'Statistics' page, when a person views the site when we have given them the 'site password' is there?

Thanks.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM - Response #1

The problem is that we don't know WHO that person is that is using the "site password". They would all look the same. Given that fact, adding that information onto the Statistics page would probably be meaningless.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM - Response #2

Just a general number would be interesting and meaningful. But maybe not to some.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM - Response #3

Kind of a related topic (if this was answered elsewhere, my apology).

For those who are 'Share your site' participants, since most sites are 'locked up' to a degree, is there a protocol to get a site password from the admin (as a fellow 'other site' admin) to look around? Lot's of traffic might be a bother so some?

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #4

The only way one would get a site password is via a contact form request to the admins. When they encounter a password protected page, there is a form to contact the admin on that screen.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM - Response #5

I understand why it is something Class Creator doesn't want to add to our sites but I can totally see why Steve asked his question. At least the admins would then have an idea if anyone they gave a password to, who fell into that visitor category, actually used the password because it would register and result in an increase by one with an ongoing tally number. And they, the admins, could, initially, be able to get an idea who the person is based on when they gave the password to the person and when the tally number increased by one. ( For example: If we give Person A the password a day or two ago and we see they used it today. Great. We have a pretty good idea it is Person A.)

I don't mean visitors or members who are "guests" either.

So thanks, Steve. I appreciated the question being asked because I wondered about the possibility of the feature being added as well.

Edited 08/12/13 1:39 PM
Monday, August 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM - Response #6

Technically, you could make someone a guest member of your site and once they are joined as a member, you could hide their profile if desired by turning the display on class list setting to NO. However they will still generate a last logged in date on that page if you wish to monitor such info.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.