ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Generator?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/08/08 11:18 AM Views: 1484 Replies: 11
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Maybe I missed it and haven't had my coffee yet...but how do I activate the profile generator to show up in each profile?

Am I to edit each topic in a question form then submit it,or just leave the topics as you put there into the profiles to them to answer?

Another question...is there any way to make the school logo larger than it it is now in the 70's template.

Edited 11/08/08 11:23 AM
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 12:10 PM - Response #1

I am not sure how to add a new question. When I tried it asked for an answer?! I simply want to put in a place for grandchildren's names. Any suggestions?

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 2:16 PM - Response #2

Gini
In admin mode, select Profile Generator, then at the 2nd line from bottom there is a botton to select which is "Add New Question", do that and then just follow on screen directions.
Curly Harman
BHS 1962

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 4:21 PM - Response #3

Thanks Curly! I did figure it out, however, I see it on my profile, no one elses. I see you've added grandchildren, will you try to see if you have a grandchildren tab when you edit your profile?

Gini Duke (Morgan)
'72
BHS Columbus GA

Edited 11/08/08 4:27 PM
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 5:27 PM - Response #4

Gini
When you put in a new tab, it will remain hidden on everyone's profile until it is populated with information of some type.
Curly

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 11:09 PM - Response #5

Dead on both times Curly. Smile

James, anything you add to Profile Generator will show up in edit mode whenever your Classmates edit their Profiles. Your questions will NOT show up on the public Profile display unless a Classmate has actually answered one of your custom questions.

Yes, you can edit the default topics, inactivate them, move them around, add new topics to the mix, etc. Whatever you want to create in there, go for it.

Regarding the logo, I have it on the Task List for next week to make it 10% larger than it is. I thought it was a little small too. Like minded tonight I guess.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:08 AM - Response #6

Spelling mistake in Profile Generator description:

default fields you do not with to display.

Should be "WISH" to display, (unless you are trying to speak with a lisp).

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:25 AM - Response #7

Thank you thank you thank you!

Monday, November 10, 2008 at 11:56 AM - Response #8

Is there maximum number of questions I can add?

Monday, November 10, 2008 at 11:59 AM - Response #9

Nope! Although for obvious reasons you'd want to keep it reasonable.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM - Response #10

I've just added a question - Single or Married - through the Profile Generator. I then moved it above the question of Spouse/Partner Name. Then I clicked on "Edit Profile" and answered the question in my profile, then "Saved Changes". How come the new question does not appear on my profile. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks... Betsy

Edited 03/14/09 9:52 AM
Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM - Response #11

You left the answer type set to radio button. But you never added any answers. If you left it like this you'd need to add both a yes, and a no answer. But it's even easier to just change the Answer type to Yes or No, so I did that for you and now it appears.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.