ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Profile suggestion

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/06/09 12:07 PM Views: 1392 Replies: 2
Monday, April 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

When you filter a classmate profile list by any of the available filters, for example "Contains profile information", the page refreshes and the classmates are redisplayed according to the chosen filter.

A new link is then displayed at this time, "View All Classmates". I suggest that the location of the "View All Classmates" link should be moved INSIDE OF THE BLUE BOX. Since this option is really a RESET FILTERS LINK, it belongs with the other filters. I don't think it should always be visible, but only when one of the filters are being applied to the list.

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM - Response #1

Quick FYI so no other readers are confused, the "blue box" is the icon key, which for you would be whatever color your school's primary color is set to.

Let me tell you the two reasons we chose to put it below the key rather than in the key:

1) The key is first and foremost a key. Yes, each item can be clicked on as a filter, but the main purpose of that box is to be a key and explain what icons mean. Thus it didn't seem natural to us to put a link in the key that was not a key item.

2) People look at the key and get a sense of what's in there. We did think about putting something in the key to return to the full Classmate view, but were concerned it would be missed because people have previously looked the key and already have an understanding of what's in there. Thus I think a new link appearing sporadically in the key itself could be easily missed. Thus our decision to put the link below the key -- somewhere we believe is more readily seen.

That's our logic anyway. Right? Wrong?

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 12:57 PM - Response #2

Just a suggestion.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.