ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Weather Widgets

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/12 03:16 PM Views: 1380 Replies: 8
Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Seen some people talking about weather on their site. I did some surfing and found this awesome weather widget site : http://yowindow.com/weatherwidget.php I am going through our classmates and putting each individual cities where they live. I am using Gallery Creator for each classmate. Here is the link to view what I have done so far.

http://www.simonkenton-pioneers-69.com/class_gallery.cfm?gallery_link_id=10760

Let me know what you think.

Danny Dozier

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM - Response #1

Your website is great, Danny. The weather section is awesome but what a lot of work!!! I would like to try doing something similar if I can find the time!! Thank you for sharing.

Betsy (Mitchell) Savery
Troy High School Class of 1963
www.classcreator.com/troy-ny-1963

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM - Response #2

Very clever, Danny. I can't open the weather on each city using an IPad since it doesn't use Adobe flash. I'll take a look later on my laptop.

I love your wallpaper with the senior pictures. Unique.

Joan Kanner
Portsmouth Notre Dame Class of 1964

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM - Response #3

Thank you Betsy and Alabuckeye. I actually have a lot of fun doing this. And Alabuckeye, Kyle posted somewhere how to do that picture of the classmates. The only thing I can remember right now is you use IrfanView picture program, you can download it for free. You use the make a panorama picture part of it. It takes a little time and work but I really like it.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM - Response #4

Oh my God!! If you've done all that and are going to continue theu all your classmates, I will never, never again complain about how much time I spend trying to upgrade my site!
Our entire graduating class was 75 girls. We've had 27 join (4 deceased so far).
That is terrific!... Did it take you a llong time?
Barbara

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM - Response #5

Barbara I use stuff like this as a means to keep my mind exercised. And also keep me out of trouble Twisted Evil We have 38 members out of 257 classmates. I find people get a kick out of things that you individually for each one. And I just love using CC the people are great here and the items you have to work with is awesome. It takes time to do some of the things I've done but enjoyable. I never time myself then it seems to make it like work instead of playing Laughing

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM - Response #6

Wow..I AM impressed..what a great Weather Page...Lots of work..not sure I have that much time.
Question..I noticed you have a poll on your site..did you password protect that..so just your classmates can answer it. I didn't try it..but if it's not..any1 will be able to answer it that just visits.
I have a weather widget on my homepage from www.Accuweather.com. So far never had a problem with it going down..very reliable of course it only shows ChiTown's weather.

Danny Administrator wrote:

Seen some people talking about weather on their site. I did some surfing and found this awesome weather widget site : http://yowindow.com/weatherwidget.php I am going through our classmates and putting each individual cities where they live. I am using Gallery Creator for each classmate. Here is the link to view what I have done so far.

http://www.simonkenton-pioneers-69.com/class_gallery.cfm?gallery_link_id=10760

Let me know what you think.

Danny Dozier

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM - Response #7

Darlene thanks for the Wow on my weather page. I thought I password protected the poll, just went to check and it is. Thanks for letting me know. Wink

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM - Response #8

NP..Like I said I didn't try it.
I wish I could steal your weather page..with all my classmates cities on it. Kudos to you!!! Very HappyVery Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.