ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ANCHORS

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/06/09 09:09 AM Views: 1522 Replies: 9
Monday, April 6, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Can you link an announcement to the homepage area with an anchor. I have been trying all morning and it isn't working

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM - Response #1

Can you tell me exactly what element you are trying to link to what other element?

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 4:41 PM - Response #2

sorry if this is a duplicate, I did reply to your email directly. I wanted to anchor the DONATIONS word on the announcement part (Under REGISTER HERE)
to the DONATION INFO on the home page below the announcements, after SINGLES CONNECTIONS.
Thanks.
dawn

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 1:08 AM - Response #3

Hi Dawn,

You were linking between two editors (the home page and an announcement) so you could create the anchor in one but then you would not see it as an option to link to the the other.

I Created the following Anchor in the source code in front of your donations list:

I then added the following code link code to the word Donations in the announcement source code:
DONATIONS

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 2:45 AM - Response #4

Dawn - you deserve a faster connection! Hope all your classmates agree. You really have class mate support for donations - that's great! And great job on your website.

Edited 04/07/09 2:58 AM
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 7:46 AM - Response #5

thanks once again for you speedy and most helpful replys.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 8:03 AM - Response #6

thank you for your kind words. It is alot of work , but well worth it. I try and change things often to keep them coming back..

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM - Response #7

Brad, I am trying to anchor a home page comment to an announcement, and saw your instruction. What I couldn't see how to do was to make the anchor in the code appear to be a link in the text? If you care to look at it: The reference on the home page is to a list of missing emails in the announcements, which I would like the reader to be able to jump down to from the link. www.RockyRiver63.com - Thanks for your always outstanding assistance - Larry.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 2:06 PM - Response #8

First, great job with the web site. I'm so pleased when I see sites like yours because it's a great collective use of all the tools. Superb.

All right, I cheated and created your anchored link for you. But let me tell you what I did so you can do this next time:

1) Go into your Announcements and edit your Missing Emails Announcement. Click the Source button in the upper left corner. See that little blurb of code I put at the top of the page? It says ". That creates an anchor we can link to.

2) Now edit your home page and look at the link to the Missing Emails Announcement. You'll see that it's simply: "#missingemails". The # symbol just tells the browser that we're looking for an anchored link on the page. And the "missingemails" is the name of the anchor to link to. Voila, the text now links to the anchor.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 2:53 PM - Response #9

Brad, you have made my day! I am so grateful for your complement regarding our site. You must take a lot of pleasure in seeing how your proteges have adapted this brilliant tool you and your associates have created and painted their own "masterpiece". Thanks so much (and thanks for your help with that anchor from home page to announcements!) Larry.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.