ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Generator

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/28/16 01:29 PM Views: 4870 Replies: 15
Friday, October 28, 2016 at 1:29 PM

I have questions activated but they don't show up on Classmate Profile. I must be missing something.

Thanks

Friday, October 28, 2016 at 1:31 PM - Response #1

They will not show unless they are answered. You can see the questions under Edit Profile.

Friday, October 28, 2016 at 5:48 PM - Response #2

But I answered mine and they do not show up

Friday, October 28, 2016 at 11:27 PM - Response #3

Please be specific about which question you do not see the answer to.

To see the questions and answers that you have already seen before, you need to click this link:

Profile Questions: Show Beverly's Profile Questions and Answers

To make ALL of the profile questions/answers display all the time, change the PREFERENCES option that looks like this:
Profile Generator Questions
[ ]   Always show Profile Generator questions and answers on Profile default view.

Check the box to make it show all of the time.

Friday, October 28, 2016 at 11:46 PM - Response #4

Beverly,
There is a Preferences option to "Always show Profile Question/Answers". Many people did not turn that on since they don't usually change much after the first year. You can still see them though, by clicking on the 'Show Profile Questions and Answers" link near the top of each profile.

[Edit] Looks like Kyle said the same thing as I was typing in my response.

Edited 10/28/16 11:48 PM
Friday, October 28, 2016 at 11:50 PM - Response #5

Thanks, John.

Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 1:08 AM - Response #6

Thank you both.............. Smile

Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 4:43 PM - Response #7

Sorry, but I have no Preferences Link

Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 4:46 PM - Response #8

Oops, I do now !!! Embarassed

Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 12:51 AM - Response #9

Hello.

I have (14) ACTIVE Profile Generator questions on my site (1973warriors.net).

Kyle's answer here (Friday, October 28, 2016 at 11:27 PM - Response #3) says checking the Preferences box "Always show Profile Generator questions and answers on Profile default view" will make (them?) show all of the time.

I'm not seeing my 14 questions. One classmate apparently saw them, because she's now asking why she can't edit her responses. I told her I'd try to find out.

Help, please.

-Don

Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 5:30 PM - Response #10

Hi Don,

Classmates can edit their profile entries under Member Functions (the symbol of the person in the top right navigation area) > Edit Profile

I'm checking with the programmers regarding one of the questions that is not displaying as I would expect it to. I see all of the others, however, the where have you lived (previously called Residing in) is not showing so I will get back to you on that with their response.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 11:25 AM - Response #11

Thank you, Jessica.

BTW, this became a discussion at last Sunday's TAP chat with Gwen & others.

During that chat, it was clear we were not all seeing what logic and our varied CC experiences would dictate, based on the preference setting and other assumptions.

As you may have seen in my postings regarding all this, I simply don't understand why classmates would EVER not at least be given the option to revisit all Profile questions AND those created with Profile Generator.

At minimum, they should ALWAYS be provided with a plus-sign style turn button that would display the entire array of questions, so they can update them.

I believe that gaining as much profile info on each classmate as possible (over time) has to be beneficial in the long-term.

-Don

Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 11:39 PM - Response #12

I can edit ALL my profile data. Are some of you saying that you or others can't change the information in their profiles?

Pretty sure my test sites also can since I use those to test stuff in profile content now and again.

I have NOT filled out all the profile questions either, but they are still there for me to do so.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 9:03 AM - Response #13

I'm not seeing your promised follow-up from your Response #10 here, Jessica.

My further detail in Response #11 provides more.

I had not, but will now reply to Jack (Response #12).

Bottom line:

We're still not, as of this morning, able to edit where we've lived, and that needs to be fixed, please.

-Don

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 9:05 AM - Response #14

Hi Jack.

Thanks for your reply (Response #12) from 12/7/22.

Please see my latest message to Jessica in Response #13.

-Don

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 3:41 PM - Response #15

Hi Don,

I apologize I thought I had responded to this - it must not have submitted.

It can be confusing, "Residing In" is not really a true profile question but just displays your city, state (and country if outside US) so you don't actually see it when editing your profile. It merely appears on Profile Generator so you can rearrange its order if you choose on the profile display.

Classmates can manage their location information under Member Functions > Edit Contact info.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.