ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Customizable Link - Source Code Invisble

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/27/10 03:44 PM Views: 1457 Replies: 4
Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Hi,

I am working on setting up a Google Earth page that will allow our classmates to stick pins, etc at places (where they lived, been, want to go, etc).

I've tested a basic globe and navigation tool - it works.

Question: when I go to edit the page after saving and testing it the code is invisible. I click on "Source" just as I did when I originally pasted the code to the page. Why can't I see my code anymore?

Thanks.

J.D.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM - Response #1

Well isn't that a good question. I'm assuming there must be something in the source code that's throwing off the editor, causing the entire block of code to not display. I'm not sure what about their code would cause this, but hopefully this can be rectified in our own system. Hang tight.

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 3:10 AM - Response #2

John,

I just went to your site (about 12 hours) after you requested help from CC. I got a message telling me to download the plug-in which I did and it appears to work great on my end. However, this information that I obtained off their website might be useful to you:

Support

If you're having issues with the Google Earth Plugin, please visit the Help Center for trouble-shooting information. If you're a developer experiencing issues with the Google Earth Plugin, try posting to the Google Earth Plugin discussion forum.

System Requirements

The Google Earth Plugin is currently available for the following operating systems and web browsers:

Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, Vista, and 7)

Google Chrome 1.0+
Internet Explorer 7+ (32-bit)
Firefox 2.0+
Flock 1.0+
Apple Mac OS X 10.4 and higher (Intel and PowerPC)

Google Chrome 1.0+
Safari 3.1+
Firefox 3.0+
You should also ensure that your system meets the requirements for Google Earth to ensure optimal performance.

Edited 06/28/10 3:12 AM
Monday, June 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM - Response #3

Often times when I use embedded code sized to be invisible I copy the code into a new blank page created with gallery creator, apply named "test page" to make sure all is working properly.

Kevin

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM - Response #4

John David Wilson wrote:

Hi,

I am working on setting up a Google Earth page that will allow our classmates to stick pins, etc at places (where they lived, been, want to go, etc).

I've tested a basic globe and navigation tool - it works.

Question: when I go to edit the page after saving and testing it the code is invisible. I click on "Source" just as I did when I originally pasted the code to the page. Why can't I see my code anymore?

Thanks.

J.D.

It's because you had html, head and body tags in the source code. That'll really screw things up. In fact it's actually amazing it actually worked on the live page with those in there. The Programmer removed them. Should be able to view source code now.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.