ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Background colour on Announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/19/08 09:02 AM Views: 1159 Replies: 2
Friday, September 19, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Brad,
You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this, but how do I change the background colour on Home Page Announcements so that it colours the blank lines as well? When I do it I only seem able to colour the background on lines that contain text.

Also, how do I make the announcements sit closer together? At the moment I've got a large, blank, grey space between my second and third announcements.
Thanks,
Mark

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:04 AM - Response #1

Because after your second announcement you had some extraneous code in there that was causing all of those spaces. I zapped it for you since I was in there, but if you click on the source tab in the upper left corner, you'll be able to fix this yourself should this happen again. The code I removed was this:

Every one of those tags has nothing inside of it and causes one blank space. So all totalled, they were causing 6 blank spaces.

The default color of the Announcements Board is gray. We did that early on to be neutral and not clash with any school's colors. Of course, my biggest lesson in developing Class Creator was that people were going to want to change absolutely everything. Thus I've already got "Allow Administrators to change background color of Announcement Board" on the Task List. It's not a high priority change so it's currently behind several other more pressing tasks, but this function is coming.

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM - Response #2

Brad,
Thanks once again. That looks better. I'll just have to wait for the opportunity to change the Announcement Board background colour but well understand your reasons for the neutral grey. Keep ploughing through that Task List!
Mark

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.